Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just wanted to find out if anyone had tried that, upgrading forks and/or brakes on a 2007 SV N with ABS? ABS sensors can be in many components, I'm not sure if replacing these parts would mess up ABS?
I'd appreciate any help.
Regards,

M

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
You can easily upgrade the internals of the forks (springs, fork oil, and emulators) and the brake pads without disturbing the ABS components on the 2007 SV650. Doing a fork SWAP, to GSX-R parts, would probably not work well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
To clarify - you have an ABS bike and want to upgrade your brakes and suspension?

As above, fork internals can be replaced with uprated springs, heavier oil, emulators, or cartridge kits.

You could upgrade brake pads or replace calipers, lines, and/or master cylinder without upsetting the ABS.

I'm going whole hog and doing the GSXR front swap, and will be retaining ABS. @sympul has done this using a custom ABS encoder ring, but I have found that a current GSXR1000 ABS encoder ring simply bolts to the wheel along with the rotor, so that stock ring could be used with any wheel that uses a 6 bolt PCD - so 2011+ I think, and all model GSXRs.

(I'm thinking of going one better and replicating that on the other side of the wheel with an 8-spoke encoder ring for the speedo.)

The info on this forum about front end swaps in general is very good, and will cover all the factors you need to consider, and the issues you will come across... but the specs are very dated now, so don't be afraid to look at newer stuff and do your homework - look at specs, dimensions, and part numbers and make sure it all matches up.

For reference, my setup will be:

• 06 750 forks/calipers/fender/lower triple/axle
  • 03 1000 top triple with stem machined to 28mm bore and 30mm offset
  • 18 1000 ABS front wheel/rotors (spacers/bearings match)
  • GSXR speed sensor and SV ABS sensor on custom brackets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts