Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Grandma not LT. I just got me a Gladius and I am getting it set up for touring and I was wondering if anyone has hard side cases and topcase on their Gladius or if I am the only one that is going to put them on my bike? I am going to put the Givi V35 sidecases and V45 topcase. I am taking them off the Versys that I have now and putting them on the Gladius. If anyone has sidecases would love to see pictures.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't have either, but I too am interested in pics. Hubby has been having to carry everything on his bike when we go on trips or camping

I am debating between Shad and Givi.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I don't own a Gladius, but if you're looking for adapters, Twistedthrottle has options available. I have their SW-Motech top case adapter and am very happy with it. It has survived a highway crash and two drops, each time the top box hit the ground and put a lot of pressure on it. All I ever had to do was hammer it back to straight (very slightly crooked after the highway spill) with a rubber mallet. I'm happy with that!

Here is the analogous top case adapter I have, but for the gladius: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4953/743/

Here is a complete selection of what they carry for the Gladius: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/743/

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have the same SW-Motech QL top-box rack that max382 speaks of. I use it in conjunction with a Givi E37 with custom LED lighting. The rack is really nice, well built and looks fairly discreet if you choose to dismount the top-box (which is a breeze). Their matching side case racks also seems nice and discreet when removed. Although I don't think you can combine them with V35 cases. V35 require more unique racks of their own.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I use a Nelson Rigg CL-700 Expandable Tail Bag along with a Joe Rocket Manta XL Tank Bag and I love it. (not a hard containers). But I also only at most go on two day trips.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. The picture of the Gladius with the V35 and V46 is what I am going to do BUT mine have the blue inserts and I think they will match the blue perfect and really pull the blue out on the bike. I love a blue bike and can't wait to get the bagges on to see what they will look like on. Will try to post some pictures with them on. Then all I will need is a windshield and I am ready to ride.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am using hardcases. I have the sidecases on all the time. Haven't used the top case much, I plan on using it when I go on longer trips

At the shop getting them installed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts