Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you, but I think his asking price is just a LITTLE high...

I had a chuckle.

suzuki 2000 sv650 - $6000 (wilkes-barre)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-02-25, 5:52PM EST

Low mileage 15730, well maintained. Sport bike, Want to purchase Harley will take best offer. Call Mark (570) 328-4890

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1050573483

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Somebody needs to email that guy and tell him to put the crack pipe down...

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I'll have a three-finger bag of what the gentleman at the top is having....

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
That's probably what he owes on it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
a few years ago when my ex was looking for a bike a local used car dealer had a very nicely customized Virago 250 for sale, the bike was immaculate, saddlebags, windshield and a bunch of chrome

asking price $5995 :rolleyes:

I stopped by and asked them if it was a mistake, even told them I could buy a brand new one for $3200, they insisted it was worth the money cause of the extras

·
Registered
594 Posts
I paid $4000 for my 2005 with mileage about the same, and mine has custom paint, full exhaust, aftermarket headlight, and handlebars.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
yeah that's a tad high. get a new 09 for not much more.

i'll email him in a bit and tell him i'll give him a third of what he's asking haha.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I'm sure you guys also take the time to email a seller if they have a price that's too low and tell them that they should raise it up if they don't want to screw themselves... :tard:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm sure you guys also take the time to email a seller if they have a price that's too low and tell them that they should raise it up if they don't want to screw themselves... :tard:
the difference being, in this case he'll never get a sale, so you'd actually be helping him by letting him know. Whereas, you're implying that people can ask whatever they want. This is a totally different sitaution. I bought my 07 new OTD for $200 more than what he's asking.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
we don't have time to do that, nudist will have it paid for and picked up already.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
the difference being, in this case he'll never get a sale, so you'd actually be helping him by letting him know. I bought my 07 new OTD for $200 more than what he's asking.
and i'm not "letting him know" anything.

I just want to know what he really thinks this thing is worth.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
the difference being, in this case he'll never get a sale, so you'd actually be helping him by letting him know. Whereas, you're implying that people can ask whatever they want. This is a totally different sitaution. I bought my 07 new OTD for $200 more than what he's asking.
I bought my '07 SVS new OTD for $50 less.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I hear what you're saying, but the value is whatever someone will pay for it and there are many factors going into it beyond the condition of the bike, geographic/seasonal/population density/etc. I got my 04 new, out the door for just under $5K, compared to me you (and most who bought new) overpaid. Did the dealership you went to overcharge you?

It's a pet peeve partly because the one time I sold something of reasonable value on Craigslist (an outboard motor) I was inundated with BS emails, easily 1/2 of them whining to me that the item was priced too high...but I ended up selling it for exactly what I listed it for and had 2 backup buyers lined up in case the first backed out. The motor was gone in under 2 days.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts