Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Springs are a little to hard on me, i only weigh 160 with full gear on, so if i used 10w would the suspension be more complaint?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
To some degree, yes - but only because it would be under-dampened. I'd get springs that are appropriate for your weight before skimping on oil.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Judging from rider's reports on this site, you should stick to 15W if you are below the 185# range (with the correct springs). The damping could be a bit harsh with 20W at 165#.

Consider Traxxion emulators and damper rods. They are worth the money. Stock springs should be OK for street use if you're talking 160# in gear. If you're 160# "neat" then you probably could use a tad stiffer spring.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
My last sv worked well with springs and 20 weight, and I was the same weight as you. Too light of an oil and the front end will feel too busy over rough pavement.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Springs are a little to hard on me, i only weigh 160 with full gear on, so if i used 10w would the suspension be more complaint?
no. you will still have same spring in there. if to stiff for you change spring.
going to lighter oil than needed for spring and temperature will only make rebound worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts