Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody torture themselves into a 1000mile under 24hour ride???

May go for one tomorrow since I got laid off Friday.. Its been taunting me since I first heard of it four years ago...

Stock controls and pegs, but I do have a Corbin on my S!!!

greg

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
hahahahaha!

i was thinking to myself, "man, I read something JUST like this over on ADV a second ago...."

:roflmao:

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I planning to go to WI in the summer, that's 950 miles. Contemplated on riding it. If I do, I'll apply for that ironbutt and keep all my reciepts for fuel.

Edit: Just stop every hour regardless if you need fuel or not and stretch out your legs and water plants. Hook your legs over those sliders and it'll be a little more comfy.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Anybody torture themselves into a 1000mile under 24hour ride???

May go for one tomorrow since I got laid off Friday.. Its been taunting me since I first heard of it four years ago...

Stock controls and pegs, but I do have a Corbin on my S!!!

greg
I've done it several times, only documented it once, I did the BB1500 concurrently, on my SV

took me 19 hours, then 4 hours sleep and 9 more hours I finished the BB

on stock nekid SV, seat, suspension and all

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I planning to go to WI in the summer, that's 950 miles. Contemplated on riding it. If I do, I'll apply for that ironbutt and keep all my reciepts for fuel.

Edit: Just stop every hour regardless if you need fuel or not and stretch out your legs and water plants. Hook your legs over those sliders and it'll be a little more comfy.
you'll have to add a hundred miles to your route

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
been studying up on it.. I guess a big helper too is to alternate your stops.. dont get gas and food together since either way you are stopping.. better to spread that time out since you have to stop twice anyhow!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
been studying up on it.. I guess a big helper too is to alternate your stops.. dont get gas and food together since either way you are stopping.. better to spread that time out since you have to stop twice anyhow!
I might agree on a bike with a longer fuel range, with the SV, your gonna be stopping a lot for gas,

when I did mine I only separated my meal one time, 9 gas stops in the first 1000

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went 600 miles from Ohio to Alabama one thurday and then back from Alabama to Ohio on sunday on my 01' naked 650. When I left out of Ohio it was about thirty seven degrees. The only reason I didn't turn around is because my roomates said I would and I was too proud to be reasonable. If it had rained I would have been screwed. moral of the story, I vowed never to do it again. It would probably be fun in good weather.

You use a Corbin seat for touring? I took off the Corbin seat that came with my R1 and put the stock back on because the Corbin was very uncomfortable.

ride safe.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I plan on doing some pretty hard riding this summer. I'm going to try for a michigan-california ride in as few days as possible. I've been debating on how many days it will take me, I left room for 5 in my schedule, but if I can do it in less I will, all depends on how my a$$ is feeling by the end of each day.

I upgraded to a corbin seat as well. I don't know about the R1, but the corbin is waaaay comfier than the stock sv seat!

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I plan on doing some pretty hard riding this summer. I'm going to try for a michigan-california ride in as few days as possible. I've been debating on how many days it will take me, I left room for 5 in my schedule, but if I can do it in less I will, all depends on how my a$$ is feeling by the end of each day.

I upgraded to a corbin seat as well. I don't know about the R1, but the corbin is waaaay comfier than the stock sv seat!
I'm sorry, buy why would you rush the trip?

there is so much to see out there.

Its about the journey not the destination.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Done the SS1K three times on a 1st gen. S. The 1st was just to do it. the 2nd & 3rd were by-products of schedule I had to keep. I'm glad I can say "I did that" but really it's totally over-rated. It's very difficult to enjoy the trip as fully as you might in a less hurried scenario.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I've got a 1600 mile round trip to VA coming next week. It wouldn't qualify for Bun-Burner, or Saddle-Sore, but it will give me a good idea what it will be like. I talked to a friend of mine and I think we're going to go for a Saddle-Sore ride sometime after I get back.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I think about a KC to Colorado run. But, when I get to CO, the last thing I want to do is turn around and haul ass back to KC! LoL. So, I doubt I'd do it for real. I might do the first 'half' out there as a kind of test run, and then maybe some time during the summer, do a real run out and back over a weekend.

Course, the thought of riding across Kansas just bores me to tears! I hate doing it in a car with cruise, AC and a nice stereo. I think the risk of going insane on that run is very high on a bike!

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
I think about a KC to Colorado run. But, when I get to CO, the last thing I want to do is turn around and haul ass back to KC! LoL. So, I doubt I'd do it for real. I might do the first 'half' out there as a kind of test run, and then maybe some time during the summer, do a real run out and back over a weekend.

Course, the thought of riding across Kansas just bores me to tears! I hate doing it in a car with cruise, AC and a nice stereo. I think the risk of going insane on that run is very high on a bike!

you just need to go to the other side of the mountains ;D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just prepped bike, inputed info into the GPS, pulled out the Alaska Leather sheepskin pad for the Corbin (overkill) checked tire pressure put extra clothes in the GIVI's told wife... ready to go in the AM if I still am motivated by then!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm sorry, buy why would you rush the trip?

there is so much to see out there.

Its about the journey not the destination.

Agreed, but the main point is... I can only be off of work for so long before the bill collectors find me! I scheduled myself a week or so to mess around when in CA, so I'm sure I can find some sweet roads around SF in that time..... But the way there and back needs to be rushed so I can spend some time with my fam (the main reason for the trip!).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts