Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I haven't been keeping up with the market but in the past I used an STI w/ a Cheetah vizalert (helmet display) and would recommend it if you're looking to spend that kind of coin.

I know the Valentine 1 is still a contender and there are M/C-oriented add-ons available.

Now that Ontario has the 50 over rule (similar to BC's 40 over) I don't really bother with them anymore.

Radardetector.net has a number of knowledgable posters who'll be able to give you better information.. as well as a long list of caveats you should be aware of before jumping into the detection/countermeasure market.

·
Administrator
11,042 Posts
iRide slow so I can detect all the radars with my sight.

Must work coz' I've never been pulled over.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Look into Adaptiv. The unit picks up the three common radars and laser. It also can link up to a laser jammer.

Mine works very well and it is easy to use with gloves on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been using a Valentine V-1 mounted on a RAM mount on the bars with a H.A.R.D display on the helmet successfully for a long time. Knock on wood, never ticketed with it yet. The direction finder is great, and in logic mode, with the little L, it filters out almost all the junk but still gives a super long lead time on the real thing. There are weatherproof kits and the like for the V-1, but I just throw a ziplock bag over it if it's misting a bit, and put it away and slow down if it's really raining.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts