Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.roadracerx.com/Backmarker_102705_MisConception.html
I thought it was actually a pretty interesting concept.
Think of it: bikes are built to Superstock spec and min. weight is rider & bike together in the interest of parity - further broken down in displacement brackets i.e. a ZX12R rider/bike combo has to weigh more than a ZX6RR combo. Maybe base it on a percentage of stock weight. Each team is free to run their decided brand of bike - but no mixing - i.e. no GSXR's and CBR's together. A team is 5 bikes spread across up to 4 different models. The model breakdown would be based on the ranking of manufacturers with the largest number of dealers worldwide. For example, Honda could only run 1 CBR1000, Ducati could run 4 999's and a 749, but MV Agusta could run all F4 Milles. The teams would therefore be set up something like this: Dallas Rustlers - Mladin, Yates, & Spies on GSX-R1000's, Josh Hayes on a Hayabusa, and Pridmore on a GSX-R600 ; New York Skyscrapers (sorry, couldn' think of anything better ::)) - DuHamel on a CBR1000RR, Zemke on a CBR1100XX Blackbird, a couple of up-and-comers on CBR600RR's and another on a CBR600F4i, just for marketing purposes.
Scoring would be similar to the article's idea. Pass another rider and hold that position until the Start/ Finish Line, you score a point. Talk about yer incentives! The team with the overall winner gets ten bonus points. It would be nice to award points based on finishing and qualifying positions but I think it would only complicate things for the spectators.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What? Nobody's got any comments on this? :(

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Seems kinda confusing. I have a better idea: Everybody run what ya brung ! Let em race anything they want, and handicap em with tires. Got yer hands on last year's MotoGP bike of choice and wanna race? No sweat, spoon some of these Metzeler's on there and you're all set. Gotta 600 you wanna race ? Cool, here's your slicks. I think that would be wild as hell !! Of course, I have this same notion towrds almost all forms of top shelf racing, especially NASCAR. :-X

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you not read the editorial at the link to Road Racer X magazine? :-\

1 - 5 of 5 Posts