Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't get it--if you use the stand to hold the bike up while you take off the wheel to change the tire, how do you use the balancer?

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't get it--if you use the stand to hold the bike up while you take off the wheel to change the tire, how do you use the balancer?
It has those two brass colored pieces that get pulled out of the rear stand to support spools and replaces them with two brass colored pieces that go into the rear stand to hold a wheel.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But isn't the rear stand already occupied holding up the bike?
Not if you're doing the front tire lol. But I totally get what you're saying lol. Two rear stands would be needed to do the rear... or one rear stand and some jackstands for the frame sliders. :)

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 3 rearstands...just saying.

I use Marc Parnes balancer on jack stands. Works great.
ac
That's the other stand that I've looked at. (that and the harbor freight one).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Those types of balancers are the s**t! They will get your wheel balanced better then most computer balancers. Well worth the money!

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know everyone raves about his balancer, but honestly what makes it so special? How is it different from the eBay one or the no-mar one, or the tirestripper.com one?
I agree with you here and that was the reason I posted this thread. I wanted to justify the other $50 lol.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
My bro just bought a No-Mar one - we havent used it yet though

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Yep - he got a real nice NoMar changer too - used it to pull off my track tires yesterday... cake - beats paying $25 bucks to someone else.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We use a slightly mar tire changer @ the batcave but no one really seems to mind. (though it makes me want to paint my rear wheel lol).

Around here it's $60 per wheel to mount/balance on the bike and $30 off the bike. So $25 is relatively cheap. After changing a tire though (well, seriously assisting lol), I can't believe I'd ever pay anything near that.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I've got the no-mar balancer here as well. That, there bar, and a HF tire changer. Not a bad setup. the bar is kinda expensive, but well worth the money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts