Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently all i have for turnsigs are those small stick-ons, having never seen any in action i bought them, when i bought my hotbodies undertail. Im just to nervous to ride with them because they are so dim. While searching ebay i found these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-SV650-99-02-Clear-LED-Taillight-SV-650-S-650S-15_W0QQitemZ4566635422QQcategoryZ35580QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i have been considering buying one but i want to know if anybody has run one of them and what they think. The reason i need somthing interated, or small is this winter i plan on getting the Holeshot highmount. Any ideas? I just dont wanna end up on the grille of a Buick. Thanks in advance for all the help guys, im off to work now will be on later to check.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is my $0.02 about the little stick on signals. I got behind some guy with an undertail kit, when we came up to a light where he was making a right hand turn it wasnt untill I was 20 feet behind him that I could see the turn signal clearly flashing. I noticed the flashing a bit further back, but some cager who wasnt looking for it is definitely not going to notice. It totally spoiled my opinion of the sleek little groups of leds for turn signals.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think integrated turn signals are always less noticeable.... unless you have bright LEDs... and a bunch of them! I'd rather have turn signals stick out and be alive than have "cool" looking integrated signals and be plowed over by a dump truck. Truth is that many cagers don't notice the stock turn signals, so they sure as hell aren't going to see smaller ones or integrated ones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I put on a Holeshot FE I didn't opt for the flush mounts b/c you can see them! I went with the mini cateye which look great and are really bright. You can see the turn signal flah from far away (50ft). As far as the integrated brake/turn thing, I don't have experience with those. Thinking about getting a module to make blinkers into brake lights too through. ;D

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
These are the turn signals I use.  They're made by "Shock Racing" and were ~$40 at the local shop.  They're not DOT approved but most likely that's only because they didn't bother with the paperwork... they're very bright and work well.  They also look awsome IMO.  

I don't think there's any point in having the little turn signals or integrated ones, none provide that much light.  I'd rather use hand signals then have BS rear signals.
On the rear I'm using OEM fronts, it's the ONLY stock lighting on my bike  ;)

N

·
0 Posts
I'm repeating what others have said, but anything that might reduce your visibility would qualify as a "Bad Thing" in my book.

:)

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Not to hijack .... but are those the DL1000 handguards Donni ? And you have the naked right ... not an S w/ the front removed ...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have my useless parking lights rewired to be useless turn signals too. I say useless because they're too dim. (Don't worry, I still have the stock signals mounted also.) Anyone know of an LED I can easily mount in the exist. headset to brighten things up?

·
Registered
46 Posts
well i just bought the integrated turn signals for my bike. better than nothing IMO. I've heard both good (and now bad) things about them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts