Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...im pretty sure this has been posted on here before but im having trouble finding it. Anyway i just bought some new mirrors that have the turn signals in them as well. They are also the ones that mount on the fairing and not the handle bars. My question is, has anyone installed these on their bikes and if you did, how did you go about hooking up the wiring? Any help would be great! Thanks and ill post pics when i get them installed.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
not on my bike but i did/helped on the ones on my buddys bike....when we took the stockers off we cut the connectors of them and wired them to the wires oon the mirrors...

do u have pics?....they might be the same ones

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
if those are th only turn signals youre gonna use then just take the connector off the stockers, and wire them to the mirrors, i think youre gonna have to do it after you bolt the mirror on though, as the connector will not fit through the hole

we actually drilled a new hole in the "cap" part of the mirror and put the wires through the new hole. after we drilled the hole in the cap we bolted the cap only to the fairing and used it as a guide to drill through the fairing and the fairing stay...put the mirror back together, put the wire through the cap, fairing and fairing stay, then connected the stock conncetor to the mirror wires and connected them. once you put the cowl back in it covers up the wires. we ziptied them to sturdy spots between the mirror mounting points and the connectors at the bottom.

if those are not the only turn signals all i could really think of at this moment is that you would have to cut and splice into your turn signal circuit

also remember that with the LEDs youre gonna have a faster flash rate

any questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
644 Posts
also remember that with the LEDs youre gonna have a faster flash rate
If you dont want the faster flash they sell relays that fixes the problem. I just saw some in the motosport catalog that showed up in the mail. **** them and their shiny new accessories....

·
Registered
467 Posts

i used my driving lights as signals as well. a simple transistor and they are on when the headlights are on but blink when your turn signals are activated. i cut the stock plug off of the stock signals and soldered on bullet connectors and then inserted that into the "y" cable you see above. of course, thiis was all temporary, i plan to redo the wiring and clean it up while the bike is in for paint

EDIT: i also used the relay on www.superbrightleds.com because it was small, cheap, and the terminals on it are plug and play if you remove the two terminals from the housing the stock flasher sits in

·
Registered
247 Posts

i used my driving lights as signals as well. a simple transistor and they are on when the headlights are on but blink when your turn signals are activated. i cut the stock plug off of the stock signals and soldered on bullet connectors and then inserted that into the "y" cable you see above. of course, thiis was all temporary, i plan to redo the wiring and clean it up while the bike is in for paint

EDIT: i also used the relay on www.superbrightleds.com because it was small, cheap, and the terminals on it are plug and play if you remove the two terminals from the housing the stock flasher sits in

I like. Can we see more pictures of your bike from farther distances?

Shuluke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts