Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In brief, I went down in traffic of May '08 via slow lowside from locked brakes and the adjuster totaled my bike without giving me options or accepting a 2nd estimate that would prevent the bike from being totaled. I did not take the payout since I was riding after replacing the brake lever and foot peg. Pics of my "totaled" motorcycle after the accident: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=76968

Fast-forward 10 months and my policy is up for renewal but my premium went up because a claim was started even though I didnt take the money. I called customer service and tried to get it removed but couldnt because its just the way insurance works. However, I was put in touch with the supervisor of the claims office who got a new adjuster on my claim because "I should get something out of it" and the new adjuster said, and I quote, "We owe it to you as your insurance company to try and restore your vehicle." I hit the floor. This guy was the polar opposite of the previous adjuster (I did ask for a new adjuster way back when but was told the one I had was THE motorcycle adjuster for N. Atlanta but a few days ago the whole office all of a sudden specializes in recreational vehicles, go figure.) I gave the new adjuster the exact same information I gave the previous adjuster (which included all of their documented damages) and the new adjuster fixed my bike with my estimate of OEM parts and Yoshi pipe instead of the insurance database price and included taxes, labor, and salvage yard towing/storage reimbursement. Funny thing is, when he called me to tell me he could do it without totaling the bike he left a message as if he had bad news like it wouldnt be enough. I told him all I wanted was for them to try because the first adjuster didnt even try to work with me like he did, she just wanted me to hand over the keys. I would have given up the bike if the numbers didnt work out but I knew she was jerkin' me. Progressive got major points back but I'm still looking for a new insurance company. Progressive will be my last resort this time around and if I do stay with them I will only deal with Nick B. in the N. Atlanta office.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts