Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this topic has been covered before, but rather than sift through all the backlogs (which i did, for a little while), figured this would be faster.

i was/am insured through Liberty Mutual, who, when i signed up, said they make no distinction between sport bikes and cruisers. yay. so i figured when i added my 2002 sv650s to my policy, it would be the same as what im paying for my 2002 savage (650). (i also have a 2001 intruder 800.) well, turns out the buggers were lying.

my 12-month premiums, all with full coverage (25/50/25 i believe) and a $500 deductible:

2002 sv650s - US$736
2001 vs800 - $548
2002 ls650 - $506

does that seem right? i have 3 speeding tickets in the last 3 years, only one of which on a bike.

are there any cheaper companies out there? (progressive wanted TWO GRAND + per year for the sv650s with the same coverage. screw that!)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention, im 24. (aging up in december.)

·
Registered
97 Posts
You need to give the fine people at ACE cycle insurance a call. The saved me hundreds off my Liberty Mutual policy. They're basicly brokers that search all the small carriers for the best rate. Give them a try - they're located in Georgia.

www.acecycleins.com

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeesh, Im 23, my quote from progressive for an SV650, 100/300/50 with 1000medical payment coverage, no comprehensive. was 140$ a year or something.

I have a clean record though.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Where you live has a big impact on premiums too...

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
martin_j001 said:
If you've got a renters/home or car policy with anyone, see what they would quote you for the bike too--you'll get discounts the more policies you have. I know State Farm uses cc's and not motorcycle type for their rates as well....
I'm with Progressive, am 27, have a clean record, and live in Austin. Unfortunately, Progessive makes their policy holders have bikes on separate policies from car or home. I don't know why. I'll probably start shopping again soon. Hopefully USAA will insure my cars and my bike(s).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts