Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was crusing one of my favorite salvage toy outlets, www.crashedtoys.com, when I came across this lonley, farmiliar lookin sv. I believe dryer was the posters name. It just struck me as kind of wierd to see an sv in there that someone just posted up not to long ago about crashing and it being totalled. Bids are taken on this thing till 11/15 at noon.
Not tryin to rub it in, just found it interesting thats all.

G

·
i have one question..
dude what the fuck did that bike hit.... its shattered...

no offence or anything are ya ok?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not my bike. It was a member named dryer. He posted about his crash, and was wondering about if he should total it or not. I was crusing through an online salvage yard in MN, when I happened across it and it looked farmiliar so I looked it up, and sure enough it was his bike so i figured i would post picutures of it at the salvage lot. Just kind of interesting more than anything. Yeah he hit the trees (i believe) perty hard. Theres a bunch more pictures of you go to www.crashedtoys.com, also a couple more sv's 650 and 1k's.

·
Registered
449 Posts
that looked like a serious impact. I remember him posting, but damn, I didnt realize it was that bad.

The break at the welds disturb me. A good weld should not break at the weld like that.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spirit of Bunny said:
that looked like a serious impact. I remember him posting, but damn, I didnt realize it was that bad.

The break at the welds disturb me. A good weld should not break at the weld like that.
Yeah i know exaclty what your sayin, the shot of the upper tripple got me. Theres like 19 pics or so if you go to the website. Theres also lots of good stuff on there ;D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yep thats my bike alright. Nice find Guy! For a quick review, I lowsided and the bike went over a rock wall and hit a tree with me tumbling after. It was actually on my list to check out for parts but I have been way to busy lately. The crack in the weld really scared me after the fact also...brought up all those "what ifs" etc :-X.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Actually with aluminum the weld is the weakest point. the opposite of steel.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dryer said:
Yep thats my bike alright. Nice find Guy! For a quick review, I lowsided and the bike went over a rock wall and hit a tree with me tumbling after. It was actually on my list to check out for parts but I have been way to busy lately. The crack in the weld really scared me after the fact also...brought up all those "what ifs" etc :-X.
yeah i dont think there would have been any doubt in my mind about totalling that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts