Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a student, so I get home to my home (and my bike) for roughly a month this winter. I'm really looking forward to riding, but I'm a bit concerned about how much it will cost my to insure my bike for such a short stretch. I used Dairyland this summer, and the minimum amount of time they insure for is 3 months - was perfect for summer vacation. However, I'm not willing to pay for 3 months of insurance for one month of riding time. Does anyone know of an insurance company that will allow me to get insurance for a month at a time? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I know my Allstate agent let me activate and inactivate my full coverage at wil throughout the year. One week was the shortest they wanted me to maintain at a time...

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
You can probably get your 3 month Dairyland policy and then cancel it after the 1 month, they they refund you the other 2 months. Call and ask... I've talked to other insurance companies about doing this and they were cool with it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
donniej said:
You can probably get your 3 month Dairyland policy and then cancel it after the 1 month, they they refund you the other 2 months.  Call and ask... I've talked to other insurance companies about doing this and they were cool with it.
they will refund the unused pro-rated portion of your policy. but don't expect to do this multiple times before they ask you to take your business elsewhere

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the input. I'll check with allstate and state farm. I'll let yalll know if I turn up anything useful.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did 3 months on-9 months off for four years w/my Mustang w/Nationwide...plus switching sometimes when I came home for hte weekend/break from college... Needless to say, my mom and I have our insurance agent's phone number memorized ;)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
depending on place and agent etc... you can pay monthly sometimes. I have both my cage and bike setup to pay monthly. I can cancel them at anytime. The downside is I pay about a buck more a month for the monthly deductions rather than paying for 6 months or year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts