Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to adjust the rear shock of the GSXR for my SV.

Anybody have the instructions manual or a link with how to do it??

What tools do you guys use to adjust the shock? can you use the rachet that came with the SV on the GSXR?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I actually have the same question! Am currently searching the site for an answer!

Someone throw some knowledge our way, please! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'm assuming you're asking how to adjust preload? all you need is a flat head screwdriver for the rebound & compression. you need a spanner tool kinda similar to the one in the sv's tool kit. when i used to have my zx-9r i was looking for the same tool until i read the manual w/c said that any shock preload adjustment must be done by the shop. that's a load of bull! i checked out accessories shops & found one made by motion pro, although there are a lot of others made by different companies. just attach this one to your rachet. if you're interested in downloading a 1k gsxr manual, you can find the link at gixxer.com.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cool thanks. Yeah, I was really going at 'er with the SV tool, and the locking wheel wasn't budging. I'll try some Wd40 on it. Though, it also isn't on the bike yet so maybe I just can't get leverage.
Though it seems like the SV tool will end up scratching things pretty badly...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
do a search for "gsxr shock sag" and you will get some good info to start with.

·
Registered
197 Posts
the manual says essentially to use a flathead to adjust damping... and the special tool for preload

standard position is:

turned clockwise until stopped, then 1 turn CCW till the punch marks align

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I found them via google in some obscure spanish forum (they were in english, though :)). It took a while and I don´t know what the final search string was, unfortunately...

Ciao
Jan

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
My Progressive 420 came with one of these....
The bike and shock were stolen but I still have the wrench! :-\
It works great for my 636 shock to.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
sv spanner wont work on gsxr shocks :-\

I have the motion pro spanner too as well. Works good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts