Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had major problems with one set of longer lines that I had purchased. I have another set on the way. Can anyone confirm which cable goes where? There is a long and a short and I thought they would only work one way but now I'm questioning it. I don't know why. If I install them wrong the throttle will work in reverse correct?

G

·
ProZac said:
Well I had major problems with one set of longer lines that I had purchased. I have another set on the way. Can anyone confirm which cable goes where? There is a long and a short and I thought they would only work one way but now I'm questioning it. I don't know why. If I install them wrong the throttle will work in reverse correct?
are you buying cables for first or second generation?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I should have stated it. It's for a second gen. Lines are coming from Convertibars. I have a longer set already but they don't snap back like they should. I've tried everthing with them. So I have another set on the way. I'm hoping that maybe the ones I have on the bike now may be defective. I put the stock lines back on and the throttle snaps back fine.

G

·
ProZac said:
Sorry I should have stated it. It's for a second gen. Lines are coming from Convertibars. I have a longer set already but they don't snap back like they should. I've tried everthing with them. So I have another set on the way. I'm hoping that maybe the ones I have on the bike now may be defective. I put the stock lines back on and the throttle snaps back fine.
push cable should be lose or it will not snap back,you need free play in cables.
I dont know what you got but just some info.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah both cables are as loose as they go. Can anyone confirm which one goes where on the bottom? I think I have it right but just wanted a second opinion. On the top at the grip there is a right and left so the cables will only go into the housing one way. At the bottom I have the longer one (throttle return) on the bottom side of the cam track (not sure if that's the name) and the shorter one is on top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts