Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on installing Superbike bars this weekend and I was wondering if there are any special instructions i need to know about installation.

I thought I read somewhere that you have to drill the bars, but I am not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I did try the search function but got back way too many possibilities...

Thanks,

G

·
0 Posts
Drilling is not really required. I did it anyway so there would be no chance of the switches slipping. Look at the stock ones, Suzuki drilled into them too. The only suggestion i can give is to measure the stock ones spacing and to somehow mark/remember how the stock clip ons are postioned. I had to "trial and error" to get comfortable with my Woodcraft clip ons. the only problem I had was with the wiring hitting my upper fairings. With a little adjustments, all is fine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice but I don't have clip ons...I have a naked bike with tubular handlebars. 

I understand what you mean about drilling, though.  I figured it had to be to relocate the switchgear.

I think the toughest part should be installing new grips......

Thanks again!

N

·
0 Posts
Without a doubt, drilling the holes is the way to go. It's easy (center punch locations first, masking tape can help you decide where) and the switch pods will slip if you don't do it.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts