Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there everyone,

I just dismantled my bike and am in the middle of installing the Clear Alternatives integrated tail light.

I have managed to get the tail off no problems at all, also did the TPS mod while I was at it with ease as well.. Here's what I am stuck on.

I can't get the frickin turn signals to come apart/I don't know if they are even supposed to. I got the brake light off when I took the tail off... I got the license plate light to come apart, (perhaps?) properly. Two metal prongs came out the end of the plug. I thought it seemed like the plug should come apart though. What about the blinkers?? Should those little plugs come apart, or what?? I don't want to just reef like hell (any more than I already have) on the wires trying to get them apart. What's the deal? Should I just cut them off since I am wiring in the Clear Alternatives light and flasher?

Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was this post too idiotic to even get one word flame type responses?? :(

Anyhow I never bump threads, but there are a million people online.. help me out guys, or I am gonna go home and brutalize my bike perhaps! :) :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
The connectors should have little flap that you can use a pick tool to get under and pull up just a hair to get them to release.
However if you never plan on putting them back on then just cut them off IMO.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, I will give it a shot.. I already decided I am gonna cut 'em off but I will try and disconnect them just for the knowledge factor, first :)

I tried pulling the tab up on one lst night, was able to with my finger.. we'll find out!

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you cut the plug end of off the turn signal you can splice that to the QA leads then just plug them into the factory harnes. That way your not doing any damage to the main wiring harness.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you cut the plug end of off the turn signal you can splice that to the QA leads then just plug them into the factory harnes. That way your not doing any damage to the main wiring harness.
Yes, perfect.. I thought of doing this already and that is my plan, but thanks for the reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts