Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, as a person that usually goes to a dealership to have things installed...just how hard or easy is it to install a high mount slip-on exhaust. I hear theres sum cutting needed, is there any welding that's needed too? Or does everything just kinda fit into place? Will I have to maually bend the pipes to make it a good fit? Maybe one of you guyz that'd done this before can enlighten me on this subject... ??? SV650s 2002 is my bike...and lets just hypothetically say that I bought the HoleShot highmount slip-on.

B

·
0 Posts
I have an 05 so maybe i'm wrong, but everyone else will let you know :)  but n e way, from what I hear it needs to be cut.

·
Registered
51 Posts
it's easy.. you need a recipricating saw.. cut it off, attach the brackets, align the mid-pipes, tighten the brackets.. it took me 20 minutes from start to finish..

·
Registered
212 Posts
^what exhaust were you putting on and did it have detailed directions? just wondering cause i just ordered an M4 and was wondering if i should do it myself or let the dealer do it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
it was simple.. the instructions were decent, but you really don't need them. all you need to do is cut 2 inches past the welding mark. There were 3 main pieces (mid pipe, exhaust, bracket). there were 4 bolts.. you can pretty much figure it out without the instruction.. i have the m4 high mount exhaust.. it took me a long time to put the fender eliminator on.. but it took a few minutes to install the exhuast.. you'll love the m4.. i have a grin on my face when i start her up..

G

·
0 Posts
Don't need no fancy power tools. Hacksaw works just fine (well, with a good amount of elbow grease and a couple spare fresh blades).

Don't forget to start it up before installing the slip-on. Loud...

I installed the Holeshot highmount. You need high temperature copper-silicone sealant... but you don't have to bend anything. Looks and sounds great. Gets rid of the "Jetson's lawnmower" sound of the stock exaust.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you're going to cut it off with a hacksaw, it's worth the time to take the exhaust off the bike first.
There's not much clearance between the pipe and the swingarm and footpeg.
I did it with the pipe still on the bike and If I had to do it again, would definitely take the pipe off first

1 - 8 of 8 Posts