Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my new Brembo radial master cylinder last night, and will be (hopefully) installing it today on my 1gen nekkid. I have a couple questions, however.

- What is the best way to mount the reservoir?

- What is the best way to mount the mirror?

- Do I need a 90 degree banjo adapter?

It is one sexy part, however.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Don't need the 90 degree adapter (at least not with non-stock brake lines, not sure if you have those or not though). Mirror: bar ends. Resevoir: get a thin piece of metal and bend it to fit where you need it to. You can mount it by drilling a small hole in the bar if needed (or you can design some sort of clamping system to hold it if you want too).

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Some one on this board posted a pic somewhere where they'd used the stock reservoir bracket and mounted it on the brake lever bolt. Don't know how the Brembo bolts up, but maybe that will work for you?

·
Registered
856 Posts
man i wish i knew how to post pics, i did a brembo over the winter,was a little bit upset that i got one of the last non folding levers but it's still nice. i got my lil milling machine busy and made a clamp piece that matches the brembo clamp and bolts up the stock mirror and for the round part of the piece ,where the mirror threads in,i made a little billet bracket for the reservoir. 1 off kind of hand made parts. Oh yeah you do need a pressure switch banjo bolt to attach the wires for the brake light to.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man i wish i knew how to post pics, i did a brembo over the winter,was a little bit upset that i got one of the last non folding levers but it's still nice. i got my lil milling machine busy and made a clamp piece that matches the brembo clamp and bolts up the stock mirror and for the round part of the piece ,where the mirror threads in,i made a little billet bracket for the reservoir. 1 off kind of hand made parts. Oh yeah you do need a pressure switch banjo bolt to attach the wires for the brake light to.
Want to sell me one of those? I can pay you in money and/or beer.

I bought the hardracing.com microswitch adapter for it since I don't trust pressure switches. I must say, it's a very nicely made and designed piece of kit.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Posting pics once its installed?
Generally not, no. There are plenty of pictures out there already of Brembo radial MCs, so I don't really see much reason.

·
Registered
827 Posts
what size is the MC? is it 16x18? i'm wondering what size is not too much for the stock calipers. or what model did you get?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what size is the MC? is it 16x18? i'm wondering what size is not too much for the stock calipers. or what model did you get?
Have you done a search yet? If you had, you'd know the answers.

Mine is 19x18.

16x18 is for single caliper (motard) use and is dangerous on a dual caliper system.

No, it's not too much for the stock SV calipers, but it's a much better use of your money to buy Zoran's adapter plates and put GSXR calipers on your SV. Mine aren't on a stock front end:

I went with the standard forged instead of the RCS since the RCS needs to be sent back to Italy to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How would a search tell him what model master cylinder you bought?
It would tell him it's not a 16x18 and it's not too much for the SV.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Have you done a search yet? If you had, you'd know the answers.

Mine is 19x18.
So a 19x18 would be fine for stock calipers.

Thanks for your info.

And yes, a search function was used and this thread was the most recent and had some semblance to an answer I was looking for. I wanted to know what size YOU were using.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts