Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go naked and ditch the gauges. Yes, I know about Vector, and Yes, I want to do that eventually, BUT for now, I just want to install a fuel gauge. If I can't do it, then I will just keep track of the gas, BUT I have a gauge that I got for free, so why not.

SOOOO.... Anyone do it?

I can get the fuel sensor for the specific gauge, and install it, but I was hoping I could adapt it to the oem one.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
The SV stock doesnt have a fuel gauge, rather just an idiot light to tell when level reaches point X and then again at point Y.
I've only seen where people have adapted the stock fuel level sensor to aftermarket gauges like seen here: http://forum.svrider.com/showpost.php?p=697444&postcount=79

You'd have to rig up the new fuel gauge to work like the stock unit. Otherwise you'll be installing a whole other sensor in place of the stock SV unit, as well as trying to come up with the appropriate fuel levels.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
How about just a light like factory? It'd be easy as hell - get a light of your choice, crimp on terminals and wire it into the factory plug (two wires).

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
How about just a light like factory? It'd be easy as hell - get a light of your choice, crimp on terminals and wire it into the factory plug (two wires).
Not a light of your choice, but the same as the factory light. I believe if you change the resistance then the light doesnt work the same (Same idea if you go to led blinkers vs incandescent, less resistance makes them blink faster)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You do lose the blinking feature of the OEM light. When you're low on gasoline the light will come on and stay on.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
To clarify, it will come on when reserve is hit - when the factory light would start blinking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts