Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i installed these new rearsets from coyote, but im not sure if all is well. i had a few problems, but well get into that later, heres pics of them on the bike:

alright, if you look at the brake side, you realize that the master (i dont even know if thats what it is, but thats what im calling it) is mounted on the outside of the rearset. i couldnt get it to fit so it would mount behind the heel plate. the plunger for the master (if thats what you wanna call it) mounts on the bottom with the pin that goes through the brake lever and stays put with a cotter pin on the back. when i installed it like that, i couldnt get the master to mount behind b/c of the odd angle it was out, its like the heel plate is too far back and the mater too far forwards. it should mount like this, right?

so, the only thing i could think of doing would be to make spacers the thickness of the mater cylinder bolt holes and put them inbetween the heel blate that bolt to the bolt hole bracket so its behind the heel plate. any other suggestions?

so anyway, the rearsets are pretty sick lookin, they are really light, and look to be decent construction. i had a couple problems though. one peg wouldnt fit through the shifter bearing, so i had to sand it down to the point when it would go through. not that big of a deal, but shouldnt have to be done none the less. when i went to pick and choose where i wanted them mounted, one of the bolt holes on the plate stripped out super easy. i was using my torque wrench too, so i wasnt going crazy on them. overall, i guess i am semi pleased. the product itself is good, could have used a little refinement though.

·
Registered
687 Posts

sorry you had trouble . did you call Chris on for help or did you just try and figure stuff out. looks like you have somethings on backwards. from the pic you took. if one of the holed striped, we take care of that for you. not a big deal there. not sure on the pegs. there shouldnt have been anything that needed sanding. sorry that where was . call the shop 1-888-431 3278

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see how you did it now, the instructions were odd, so i kinda wung it. so on the bottom of the master, did you use a spacer are all? or just the long bolt with the hole in?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, so what i did was but the bolt through, used the nut to tighten it against the lever, put the bottom or the plunger on, and used the factory washer and cotter pin to hold it together. is that right?

·
Registered
687 Posts
you shouldnt have to use anything from the factory. you should have gotten a bag of bolts washer etc etc in the box ? just call so we can get everything fixed for ya :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
chris is there tonight not sure about sun , mon he has a day job . until this take off more which it is starting too. but give him a call anyway

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks to me as if you have the plates that bolt to the frame reversed. The left one on the right side and right on left. Rearsets are intended to move foot position back and up. The way the plates are on there your only option is back and down.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i know it does look like they are reversed, but thats actually how they are supposed to mount up. if you look at the pics under mine, from coyote, he is the distributing dude, and has the actual product pics, and that just how they how. i was thinking about swapping them, but they seem to be doing just fine how they are. i like back and down too, just a lil more comfy than keeping my legs all cramped up all the time

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think you also need a slightly shorter shift rod. It looks like you have the shift rod adjusted all the way in and the gear shift arm is angled forward (more than 90 deg)

This will affect your gear shifting. Unless you have a very heavy foot, you will probably find yourself hitting false neutrals more frequently....

Of course, it could just be the angle of the photo making it look that way...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im so confused by these pictures. In the pics your pegs are about an inch further back and .5-.75 inch lower than stock.

That may give you some more leg room but I would think you would be in for a big suprize when you went hard into a sweeper and doug the end of that solid mount peg in the road.

Can you post a link to the manufactures website?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
um. . . im not sure of the website, contact coyote (PM him). his buddy i guess makes/distributes them. you know, i think everyone said that the plates should be flipped, but apparently thats how they go. i had 1.5 up and back jackup plates on the stock rearsets before, and having them in the positions as shown in my pics, feels almost identical, maybe a tad lower, but i have them adjusted all the way to the bottom, so its got alot of adjust up. and i got the slash cut pegs b/c i knew that i was gonna mount them low, so itll give me a little extra clearance over the non slash cuts. oh yeah and i actually need a little longer shift rod now that i adjusted my shift pedal. anyone know where to get shift rods?

·
Registered
687 Posts
that is how they go :D you have the plates right . with he picture it hard to tell really if you flipped the plates your knee's would be really high.the slash pegs are designed that if he crashes they will grind down. did you call chrism yet ? he said he would be at the shop two day this week and all of next week . just add more bikes 8) ps let Chris know you need a longer one he should hook you up.

·
Registered
687 Posts
:wink: he might need to see the pic's you posted up maybe not just let him know you have them :) let me know how it goes ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts