Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Mucho love for the Targa! What year is it?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mucho love for the Targa! What year is it?
Thanks ;D It's a '74 with an '83 Carrera engine. The case studs on the '74 were coming out (magnesium case/steel studs) so my father and I rebuilt the current engine. Been in the family since '79.

Nate...I was nervous myself. I was riding around for a while with no sliders and I almost dumped the bike once right after I bought it from locking up the front wheel. Just try not to think about it too much :p

·
Registered
399 Posts
Thanks ;D It's a '74 with an '83 Carrera engine. The case studs on the '74 were coming out (magnesium case/steel studs) so my father and I rebuilt the current engine. Been in the family since '79.
Nice I always wanted a mid 70s Porsche Targa in some period correct color with a modern engine in.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nate...one thing I forgot to mention in my blog...which I've now included is that you should look into re-routing your fuel run off tubes. Some people have complained that the run off will get onto the fairing and cause bubbling.

Here is what I wrote:
Also while you have the fairing off, consider re-routing the fuel run off tubes. I read a couple posts where people had the gas coming out, getting on the paint and causing it to bubble. There is a wire loop that holds down the tubes and I simply pulled the hoop out, moved the tubes back so they ran along the frame and then bend the hoop backwards to hold them in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts