Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several days ago I put on a set of Gel Progrips. Was I supposed to put some glue in the grips because, the throttle grip, likes to twist? Went riding the other day and the P on the grip used to be on top, it had twisted its self to the bottom.
The throttle side has plastic on it(hope you know what part i'm talking about ::)) So would the glue destroy future changes in the grips?

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
You should either use grip glue or spray under the grip with carb cleaner--both will work. The glue will not destroy future grip changes. Make sure you give either technique time to cure.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Same thing happend to me. You can get the grip glue at most shops. Definitely help stop the twisting problem! It dries rubber like and can be removed later if you change grips again by pealing it off.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Actually....the throttle side of my custom grips I didn't even wet them to set off the grip glue already inside...the fit was so tight that I spent like 20 minutes just squeezing it in. On the left hand side how ever, I wet the inside of my grips with alchohol and just slid it right in. So far it hasn't twisted from its original positions. Maybe your grips are just bigger then mine so it has more room to move around. But don't worry about grip glue, cuz its not REALLY permenant, when you wanna take it off, just take a screw driver to it and work your way around it till it loosens or use the compressed air idea i keep hearing about, it suppose to slide right off...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks all. Will take the new grips off and add some grip glue. The compressed air thing works. USed it to take off stock grips and will use it to fix my new ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts