Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before y'all say it's expensive for what it is and Steve has an aTRE that costs way, way less and another SVR member has a GPI with maybe a ATRE in addition in the works, I wanted a GIPro.

Actual install time was about 15 minutes not including making and attaching the aluminum bracket.

Well anyway here are a couple of pics of it installed on my 08 SV650SF. I think it actually came out looking pretty good and no more searching for 7th gear :)

I dont notice any lag on the GPI and as yet not sure if the ATRE has any noticable improvement but I have done very little low rev / gear riding.

EDIT: FYI on the actual module sizes

The GIpro/ATRE dimensions are:
H: 47.5 mm
W: 34.0 mm
D: 23.0 mm

The GIpro DS-series (no ATRE) are :
H: 30mm
W: 20mm
D: 13mm

Other pics and some info on my web site at http://sv650.metromain.net/index.php?x=gipro

·
Registered
467 Posts
nice... i wanted one of these so bad... til i saw the price.

so is that the recommended mounting position or do they supply the bracket and then you chose that spot? personally, i like the location.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice... i wanted one of these so bad... til i saw the price.

so is that the recommended mounting position or do they supply the bracket and then you chose that spot? personally, i like the location.
I made the bracket, drilled a hole in the fairing and mounted it. There is no recommended mounting position. I put it there as it's still very viewable but out the way of the speedo buttons, etc.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i like it... very nice job man

how did you attach it to the unit? i am one of the guys trying to construct a competitor for this and am looking for ideas to mounting mine...

also, is that other LED a shift light?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like it... very nice job man

how did you attach it to the unit? i am one of the guys trying to construct a competitor for this and am looking for ideas to mounting mine...

also, is that other LED a shift light?
There is a square of velcro with adhesive on each side supplied in the kit. It appears to be the plastic type velcro which works way better that the material type. The plastic type velco sticks together like wet s**t to an army blacket to coin a phrase.

The led above the GIPro is for my Gorilla alarm with pager.

Here is a pic of the very basic aluminum backet I made. Hope it helps.

Also the sizes I added in my original post may help you some in your endeavours. H: 47.5 mm x W: 34.0 mm x D: 23.0 mm sounded enormous but doesn't look all that overbearing when mounted I believe.

·
Registered
467 Posts
ours is actually going to be quite smaller at 25.4mm x 25.4mm

i think the digit will be the size of the speedo digit in your pic actually

1 - 7 of 7 Posts