Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything is fine except the front brake hose that runs from the master cylinder to the little distribution block on the forks is a bit short. It lets it turn to about 3/4 lock to the left.

Did I miss something here, from what I gathered on searching on here you did not have to extend anything for these bars.

If I need to get a longer one how much longer should it be? Does it have to be ordered or is this something I could get locally (in the Dallas area)?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
take off any bracket/tabs that secure/restrict movement of the line and that'll give ya the needed inch or so..

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
What weasel said. There's a little "arm"-like protrusion on the master cylinder that keeps the brake line from rotating down past a certain point. Grind that off and you get an extra half-inch to an inch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well upon further inspection there was no bracket or anything holding the brake line. I also adjusted the angle the line came of the master cylinder as well, but its still pretty tight.

Should I go to one of thoose dual line setups or should I just aget a longer hose to go to the little distribution block down on the forks.

Anyone got a link at to where to get brakeline stuff or is it all pretty universal?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am trying to look around and find stuff but all I see is the braided line stuff. The performance of the brakes is fine, I am not looking to "upgrade". If I could just find a rubber line off of any bike that was just a couple inches longer that would be fine.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Chubz, this thread by Packman has good info for you...
Post #26:
I didn't want the hassle of bleeding the brakes so I undid the headlight bracket. I ended up moving it back inside the bracket after it was all said and done because it fit just fine. I did have to undo the bolt that attaches the line to the bottom triple clamp and the line is just long enough. I plan to replace them with braided SS lines in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I had Daytona's on mine and didn't extend anything. You have to remove the bolt on the brake line on the lower triple and on the fork leg and that gives you plenty of slack. On a second gen anyway. I looked on Bikebandit's parts fische and the first gen appears similar.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Chubz, I installed bar risers, which essentially pulled the bar back about 1.5" and raised them about 5/8". My bike is an 07 and yes, the brake line is almost at the max. But so is everything else. You may have to get a new line and I'm not sure just how easy that will be.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i had fat bar adapters [3/4" up] and stock risers with Pro Taper bars and removed anything that retained/held/secured the lines and was fine..

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm about to order some Bikemaster Daytonas myself. BUT, I've already got MSR dirtbike bars on the bike, and they are 34 inches wide, and I have no cable or brake line issues right now, so the narrower bars shouldn't be an issue for me.

The MSR bars just feel too wide for me. The Daytonas are 30 inches wide, and should do nicely for what I'm wanting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nevertheless, I like these bars a lot! I am not really into the moto gp thing, hence my choice of handlebars. I am looking to get some sort of windscreen to make things a little nicer as well. This bar install also allowed me to mount my bar end mirrors so now I can actually see around my shoulders.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bikemasters aren't expensive but they look about the same quality as stock to me. I just got a set I am about to install and they don't look too cheap. I read quite a few posts before buying them and didn't see too many complaints. If you still want something else with similar dimensions, here are the specs:

Bikemaster Daytona - WIDTH 29.2" RISE 5.36" PULL BACK 3" CENTER 4.8" from chaparral-racing.com

Stock Handlebar - RISE 3-1/2" WIDTH 26" PULL BACK 7-1/2" CENTER 5" from sideroadcycles.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.