Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I didn't take pics for a whole write up, I am way to lazy.
Here they are, 6000K HID's from xenonexpert.com 120.00 for everything, complete plug and play. The hardest part was getting the stupid front facia off!:mad:

And WOW are they bright, night driving is amazing now, I can see everything, even with a tinted visor! Only been flashed once by a driver, to bad it was a Cop........J/K!

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
are they projector bulbs, because I've heard that it's illegal if they're not and you can get a ticket. do they look anything like this

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, did not do a retro fix. I know its illegal, but I have had the same thing in my car for 2 years and never been bothered...knock on wood. I can always angle them down if need be. I rode behind my buddy lest night after work and he said they are deff. bright but didn't blind him............unless I did a wheelie(squid)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only low beam, its way brighter then the stock high beam. In the end of the video you can see how much light is on the ground....kinda

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I got the 6000K HID kit too. 130 total with the D2S bulb. I have had HID's on my bike, but wanted a smaller kit to take up less space. I have projectors installed, but I did run the HID's w/o projectors and they did blind everyone infront of me.

BTW, I got 6000K because I like the Color, my other bulbs are the brightest at 3400K (more of a white light)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks awesome man... definitely REALLY bright...

I just came across this, and was thinking of getting it cause the price is just right!
http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/Raptor_Brand_35W_HID_Kit-102-85.html

Our SVs take H4 bulbs, right?

Now my question is: on this website, what's the difference between the H4/9300 and H4 Hi/Lo ($25 more)? And is that difference worth the extra cash?

Thanks guys..

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
hi/low will probably have a magnet/relay that will tilt the bulbs, giving you a functioning high beam.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry I didn't take pics for a whole write up, I am way to lazy.
Here they are, 6000K HID's from xenonexpert.com 120.00 for everything, complete plug and play. The hardest part was getting the stupid front facia off!:mad:

And WOW are they bright, night driving is amazing now, I can see everything, even with a tinted visor! Only been flashed once by a driver, to bad it was a Cop........J/K!

where di you mount the ballasts? I am about to install a kit on my bike, just waiting for the slim ballasts to arrive. they sent me standard ballasts on accident.:(

·
Registered
334 Posts
my slims are mounted on the inside vertical part of the cowling. cant see anything at all without looking down in there on purpose.

·
Registered
183 Posts
my slims are mounted on the inside vertical part of the cowling. cant see anything at all without looking down in there on purpose.
thats were i was thinking of mounting mine. Did you ground yours to the frame? mine has like three or four ground wires!

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
That's where my HID C.U.'s mounted and the ingitors were secured under the headlamp housing.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Any HID kit should ground through the regular headlamp (H4) plug on the SV harness, or you could just splice into an existing ground. You only need one ground, you can combine the left and right side ground if you need to.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts