Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'll be there!! It will be my 5th year in a row going it Indy!

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'll be there all weekend and at the Indy Mile. The weather is supposed to be in the upper 70s as of now. I think the world maybe coming to an end.

·
Woody's Lackey
1,464 Posts
im going to be there friday sat and sunday, and i will be camping out there. only thing i dont know yet is which bike i will be riding around there. i will be riding either a Yamaha OWO1 or a Honda RC30,
so, other then who is going, who is going out cruising at night?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If any of you guys that are going are planning on doing any riding let me know. I know some nice roads south of indy. Not sure i will be able to ride but can give some directions if not.

·
Woody's Lackey
1,464 Posts
well just got back, and it was a blast.
went to Meridian friday and sat night. i rode a yamaha OWO1 friday night, and was out riding a RC30 sat night. both of those bikes were Canadian models. My friend i was with rode a MV agusta tamborini sat night and rode the RC30 friday night. i met a lot of great people, and saw a few that i knew. awesome time and cant wait to go next year.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't see anyone I knew except for somebody I ride with back home. I met a lot of new friends and passed out a lot of business cards. Let the HammerGrips expansion continue!

I didn't see Doogster, but he saw my bike and sent me a message that I left my parking lights on on Saturday. (AWESOME!) Good to have friends there. I saw Nucular's bike and got a chance to get touchy-feely with his new rearsets. (again, AWESOME!)

Whenever I saw a parked SV, I left my card on it. :)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I'm still seething about Laguna Seca, but I'm stoked that you guys had a great time!

I'm definitely going (to the Cali race) next year (my wife PROMISED) and it'll be my first time. Hell, it'll be my first time seeing a race at all other than the local strip.

I've been really curious about what there is to do and if it's worth going for more than one day and all that.

Again, glad you had a good time. :eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I thought about riding my Sv out there, but my mother wanted to join me.

I did see only one SV though, it was a 04+ with a metalic slate gray pain job.

The Ducati Pavillion was something else though, I couldn't stop drooling.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I saw several other SV's. I remember a copper that was parked at the track that was really nice. A few blue like mine and a yellow. I went to bikes on meridian both fri and sat. We stayed in a tent right down from the track near the red bridge thing. It sucked hearing harleys rolling through at 7 every morning and the bar on the corner to 3 am every night. But it was so much fun!!! Already planning for next year!!! I didn't see anyone that I knew. I also drove the track on Friday night. That was probably the best thing I did all weekend!!! I can't wait to see the pics from it!!! It was the first time I'd ever done anything like that.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I met a guy from Vancouver BC and walked around Fri night with him. I got him to snap a picture of me. Wish I had a better camera, but I like how it fits in my pocket.

I thought this Vyrus Superleggera was pretty cool to see up close. My first thought was "No forking way!" Very slick front suspension.

I met the owner and was able to ask some questions. I asked about how much it weighed and he replied that the goal was 150hp and 150Kg. (or about 330lbs)

I sort of wished I had asked how much it cost, because I can't find anything online.

Maybe too costly to lean over at all? (PRICELESS) Need some sauce with those chicken strips? :sbmfacepalm:

·
Registered
797 Posts
It was a great weekend of motorcycle viewing. I was at IMS Fri-Sun by 9am and went to the Mile after MotoGP QP Saturday. I only rode Friday to do the track ride. It was cool that they parked bikes on the back straight again. I had Pedrosa ride right by my on a scooter before I could get my phone out. Then I looked up to see RdP was walking right toward me. It's sad that most people in the US don't even recognize half the guys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.