Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the walkthrough posted in the tips and tricks section and I noticed that my rear carb is set up different than the one who did the writeup. Instead of the stock tee connector being at the rear of the rear carb (going from the carb to the fuel pump to the tank), mine is at the front of the rear carb and goes from the rear carb to the fuel pump to the front carb.

So my question is, if I am doing the tubing/valve setup do I still tap in at the stock tee connector at the front of the rear carb or would I put a new tee connector at the rear of the rear carb connecting to the tubing that goes directly to the fuel pump?

Input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Any chance you could show us a picture?
Where does it come from on this picture

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is strange, that is exactly what mine looks like and I noticed that pic is on the same website, but that is not what he describes when add the new tee connector. The way he drew his diagram it shows the new tee connector being in-line with the stock tee connector. See below:

If you look at the above diagram and try a duplicate it, it does not match up because the stock tee connector does not go to the fuel pump and gas tank. As you can see in the pic you posted it goes to the fuel pump and the front carb.

So basically my question is do I just install the new tee connector at the back part of the rear carb that just goes directly to the fuel pump (not really pictured in the pic you posted)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine doesn't have that tee connector. The only port off of the rear carb with a tee connector is the one in the first picture you posted. My carb has two other ports; one that goes to just the fuel pump and another that goes to just the fuel tank.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
You are going to be putting a t connector in the line from the fuel tank to the rear port on the carb. Just like the T in the pic from my filthy bike

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
He is hooking up the hoses to attach to a manometer to sync his carbs. He is unsure where to install a T connector on the rear carb

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You are going to be putting a t connector in the line from the fuel tank to the rear port on the carb. Just like the T in the pic from my filthy bike
In the line from the fuel tank or the fuel pump? In the little diagram on that blueproof site it has the valve attached to the fuel pump side.

Here are pics of the two separate (no tee connector) connections. Which one do I connect the valve to?

This one goes from the carb to the fuel tank:

This one goes from the carb to the fuel pump:

So do I hook the tee connector up the the nipple that goes to the fuel tank?

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
On the stock bike you have a bit of tubing from the vacuum side of the rear carb. It splits at a tee and runs to the petcock (vacuum to open) and the fuel pump (pulsing vacuum pumps fuel). I've seen two different vacuum sources. One is off the intake runner from a small nipple. The other is at the top of the carb, a nipple on the black plastic cap.

Just tap into the line to the petcock.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On the stock bike you have a bit of tubing from the vacuum side of the rear carb. It splits at a tee and runs to the petcock (vacuum to open) and the fuel pump (pulsing vacuum pumps fuel). I've seen two different vacuum sources. One is off the intake runner from a small nipple. The other is at the top of the carb, a nipple on the black plastic cap.

Just tap into the line to the petcock.
I do not see a tee connector anywhere on the rear carb which is the issue I have. I have two separate tubes that run to the fuel pump and fuel tank. See pictures above. I have the front one done (I used the nipple with the plastic cap, but I can't figure out which one to tap in to on the rear.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I may have found my answer. It looks like I tap in to that line on the rear of the carb that goes to the fuel tank. My next question is, how well does this vinyl tubing hold up to heat and whatnot? I like the idea of making it easy the next time I have to sync the carbs, but I don't want it to create any other unnecessary issues like vacuum leaks or whatnot.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can anyone confirm that I tap into the line in my first picture with the line going to the fuel tank (I am assuming that thing it goes to is the petcock).

Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
You've found the correct line. I found it was easy to get to that side, so I didn't add the tubing to stay. Just disconnected it when I was done. Since you have an S, it may be more difficult, I don't know.

I think just about everyone uses vinyl tubing and I don't think any one has had an issue with it. Someone recently suggesting buying rubber vacuum line from an auto parts store.

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Look at this picture. That is where you would add a T fitting. If you dont want to mess up the stock line, take it off and put in some temporary lines for when you sync it then switch back to the stock line.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the help guys. I actually just pulled the line off the petcock and put the tee fitting there and just got done syncing that carbs. They were definitely a bit off. The bars fluctuated a little more than I thought they would, but I think I got it adjusted pretty well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts