·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

please explain your reasoning here :ears:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
So far I am leaning this way because I think the Republicans did a miserable job selecting a candidate and he is the lesser evil. We have two candidates that are so far detached from every day Americans that are only doing what is best for their party and what will get them votes rather than what is best for America to make us a strong and prosperous nation for generations to come. I hate our two party system with a passion. Someone on facebook commented they should do like an American Idol type deal where all the candidates debate once a week and the candidate with the least votes each week gets removed. The last man standing is our President lol I kind of like the idea. I bet more Americans would pay attention to what each candidate stands for rather than the media and party manipulations. I bet you would see a much higher voter turnout as well.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Because you hope for President Joe-one heart beat away-Biden?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Who said that? When was the last time a president died in office? JFK? I think we are good there. Because the VP is an idiot is a terrible reason to vote for the other guy.

thats the only reason Obama beat McCain, he is an old man and chose a nut case woman from Alaska

consider the risk of president dieing in office

consider Millard Filmore

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
I think the VP choice is less about whether the #2 slot is "ready" to be president, but what the choice tells the electorate about the candidate's ability to make an important decision. McCain's choice of Palin was a sop to the nuttier wing of the party and an attempt to arouse a little enthusiasm for a campaign which was reeling during the financial meltdown of 2008.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So far I am leaning this way because I think the Republicans did a miserable job selecting a candidate and he is the lesser evil. We have two candidates that are so far detached from every day Americans that are only doing what is best for their party and what will get them votes rather than what is best for America to make us a strong and prosperous nation for generations to come. I hate our two party system with a passion. Someone on facebook commented they should do like an American Idol type deal where all the candidates debate once a week and the candidate with the least votes each week gets removed. The last man standing is our President lol I kind of like the idea. I bet more Americans would pay attention to what each candidate stands for rather than the media and party manipulations. I bet you would see a much higher voter turnout as well.
Don't we sort of already have that? Several Dems and GOP fight it out. Add in a couple independents and it comes down to the last man standing.

The "idols" are just separated into ccp...cute cool and popular groups. What we need is to permanently remove outside money from politics.

Each candidate gets 90 million they can spend. Thats it. That money will come from the general campaign fund They also need to denounce any political ads that are conducted from outside groups.

If they over spend by even a dollar, there banned from advertising and soliticitng votes.

Yeah I think that'll do it. Of course citizens united would need to be amended to a toothless provision in the constitution

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Hall Monitor
2,739 Posts
thats the only reason Obama beat McCain, he is an old man and chose a nut case woman from Alaska
Not true.

McCain wanted long-time friend and moderate Joe Lieberman as his running mate. This gave the far-right members of the party conniptions. They pushed Sarah Palin on McCain, knowing she'd appeal to the simple-answer, God-guns-guts voters. They also figured if the Democrats had a *****, they ought to have a woman or a dolphin or something that would show that they weren't just a bunch of narrow-minded rich white guys. McCain wasn't happy about it, but he went along.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

consider the risk of president dieing in office

consider Millard Filmore
The amount of votes he and his running mate got was mind blowing to me,
not even thinking about the prior eight years of Bush.
A lot of people would vote for a pile of sheit as long it comes with their colors on it.

I was about to start a thread, why would you vote for the current GOP unless you are rich? but maybe we can discuss it here.

;D

Besides that

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I'm about 50/50 right now on whether or not I will vote for Obama or write in a candidate. The question that remains is whether or not my non-vote for Obama will hand the election to Romney.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
I was about to start a thread, why would you vote for the current GOP unless you are rich? but maybe we can discuss it here.
http://www.thepoliticalbrain.com/videos.php

"In politics, when reason and emotion collide, emotion invariably wins. Elections are decided in the marketplace of emotions, a marketplace filled with values, images, analogies, moral sentiments, and moving oratory, in which logic plays only a supporting role".

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
I'm about 50/50 right now on whether or not I will vote for Obama or write in a candidate. The question that remains is whether or not my non-vote for Obama will hand the election to Romney.
Every vote counts. If you want Romney to be the next President, vote for someone other than Obama or don't vote at all.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Every vote counts. If you want Romney to be the next President, vote for someone other than Obama or don't vote at all.
The scariest thing about the whole process is that my vote can be canceled out by some moron who doesn't know anything about what anyone stands for but votes anyway. That drives me insane!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Because he's fixin to lower gas prices AGAIN! FTW!!!!!!

Also, b/c everytime we get a republican in office they are stingy, want to pocket the money and not help anyone and leave their mess behind for Dem to clean it up.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts