Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but this one is heavily modified. I bet when he wakes up he's gonna wish it wasn't quite so "heavy."

Perhaps if it were right side up. :roll:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ouch

:shock: OMG that's gonna hurt!

No after pics?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
It must not be in the USA 'cuz no track in this country would let you even near it without full race gear.

Drag tracks use some kinda krazy ultra sticky bubble gum pavement... I can only imagine that sliding on that in what he's wearing would leave him naked in approximately 5 feet, maybe less.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Ouch

nollie926 said:
No after pics?
Sorry, I just found it on a random google search for something else.

·
Registered
154 Posts
donniej said:
It must not be in the USA 'cuz no track in this country would let you even near it without full race gear.

Drag tracks use some kinda krazy ultra sticky bubble gum pavement... I can only imagine that sliding on that in what he's wearing would leave him naked in approximately 5 feet, maybe less.
You may want to recheck , 'cuz there are at least two. This classic photo was from a stunt show in the US. I'm sure someone will come along and put a specific place soon as my memory is failing me (I'm thinking PA). If I remember right, his clutch cable broke.

I saw a stunt show at Sears Point during the AMA Races and many of the riders had no gear.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seriously though, he should look a lot more shocked and worried than he does. It would be better for the picture.

If anyone does find followup pictures, please try to find out whatever happened to afro-guy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Stranger. I can return to my work now.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The real question is did he spread his legs to avoid the bike crushing his legs when it came down? :shock:
If so, what got crushed instead? :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
266 Posts
eeeeek said:
donniej said:

You may want to recheck , 'cuz there are at least two. This classic photo was from a stunt show in the US. I'm sure someone will come along and put a specific place soon as my memory is failing me (I'm thinking PA). If I remember right, his clutch cable broke.

I saw a stunt show at Sears Point during the AMA Races and many of the riders had no gear.

There is a video that goes with this pic, but I am MUCH to lazy to even attempt to look for it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Fools!!

This is not a wreck. That guy didn't get hurt. That is pure cuttin' edge STUNTA work going on. See the bike, perfectly parallel to the ground. Utterly controlled. No gear necessary. It's like flying a stunt kite. :roll:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anybody know the aftermath of that photo?

·
Registered
449 Posts
there is a vid attached to the photo which i remember seeing. the guy was bouncing the cbr off the rev limiter and it just snapped up and looped it. His head hit the pavement really hard and the audience in attendance went OOOoooooo.

·
Registered
476 Posts
and by the way, it took me about 10 minutes on google to find the video. i have never seen the video or the picture before today. i just started with the filename of the picture, found out the name of the guy, then searched for his name + crash.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
you're my hero benda!!!

[edit]
the video sucks. maybe it's without sound. but just fast forward if you can to the 1:20 mark. he hits hard.

and i love seeing the crash right after. the bike doesn't hit him, if i remember correctly

1 - 20 of 32 Posts