Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stands to reason with more pistons, more fluid needs to move. Is there a GSXR master cylinder I can use or am I relegated to Nissin/Brembo?

Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I believe the master will depend on the calipers. Piston size blah blah blah but Yes you can go with a gsxr master. I have a 01 gsxr front end and run a brembo GP mk2 16-18 master with 4 pot Tokicos. Good setup! I am upgrading my front end right now so I can run R6 radial calipers and I can retain my master. Great setup!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
Lots of people run the R6/R1 Brembo master. They're also available used off newer ZX10r's. I'll report back when I install mine... new brake lines should arrive today then I can install.

·
Vendor
171 Posts
I am running the stock master cylinder on my 2012 DL 650. Using SV 1000 calipers. Works fine. Would a different MC work better? Maybe, but the improvement is dramatic as is! The trick, and it baffles some, is getting ALL the air out after doing the swap. If the lever is soft, there IS air.

Reactions: sv650bklyn

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m running a Nissin radial MC (GSXR) with stainless lines & GSXR/SV1000 Tokio 4 pot calipers. Overall better brake feel, pressure and stopping power, plus I get to keep my stock mirror location and brake switch connection...

·
Registered
322 Posts
The 1000 uses the same master cylinder as the 650. I'm running SV1000 4piston calipers and the stock master. Great improvement over the 2piston calipers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The stock g2 sv650 master is too big for the stock calipers. That's why they're wooden.

Switching to the 4 pistons makes the ratio better. So you're fine with the stock 5/8 inch master cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts