Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday was the end of week number two of waiting for my parts to show up :mad:.  my bike has been at the dealership for 3 weeks now. the first week it got an estimate done and by Thursday sept 25th, i had a holeshot slip-on and fender elim ordered... its been 2 weeks and still no parts!!! it suck because i cant be mad at anyone! its not the dealerships fault that the parts are not there yet! and i cant imagine its dale and holeshots fault.... argh!!! I'm so mad right now!!! i haven't ridden in 3 weeks!
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: im so mad right now!!!

dumb question, why is your bike in the shop if there's no parts yet? second question, why not do it yourself? too late to go get your bike and your money back and take care of it on your own or what? if you can, do it....

good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Re: im so mad right now!!!

If you have a tools you could have done all that youself. Why did you choose to have the stealership do the work?
Sorry to hear about the wait, that sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: im so mad right now!!!

i have the tools...I'm a mechanic. i just have absolutely no clue about carbs...didn't want to screw anything up with he re jet and the new holeshot I'm getting. i dumped my bike a month and a half ago...insurance gave the check to the dealership.... i took my bike to the dealership for the estimate...it has been there ever since...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
That sucks!! Riding season is short enough as it is. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LiquidLen said:
That sucks!! Riding season is short enough as it is. :mad:
tell me about it! it will be snowing by the time i get my bike back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Well, being that I'm a service manager....I can't say it's unheard of to tell a customer parts are not in when in fact we just haven't had time to get to it. I've ordered from Dale before and he gets parts out pretty quick. On top of that, they have your money, so they may be squeezing in some other jobs that pay.

Then again, they may have just not gotten the parts. Good luck!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thejimdaddy said:
get your bike back, and ride it, when the parts come in take it in there, you live in wisconsin, it's gonna be snowing in a month ;D
i would if i could...the kicker is that i need a new rear tire.... the steel belting is showing..they have the new power for the rear...but they wont put it on till they have ALL the parts...do that once they start it, they can finish it!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
spuds said:
i would if i could...the kicker is that i need a new rear tire.... the steel belting is showing..they have the new power for the rear...but they wont put it on till they have ALL the parts...do that once they start it, they can finish it!
just put duct tape on it and when it wears off put more on ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thejimdaddy said:
just put duct tape on it and when it wears off put more on ;)
hahaha, u r funny...
"funny guys....you know what we do with funny guys?" quote from xxx
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
man that blows. tell the shop to suck it up and fix your flippin tire so you can ride. are they giving you a discount on service because they are doing everything at once? not likely....but who knows. assuming they are not, i'd go make them put my freakin tire on tomorrow. go get the general manager, tell um you've waited 3 weeks and it's BS, and make um change your tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
jowens said:
man that blows.  tell the shop to suck it up and fix your flippin tire so you can ride.  are they giving you a discount on service because they are doing everything at once?  not likely....but who knows.  assuming they are not, i'd go make them put my freakin tire on tomorrow.  go get the general manager, tell um you've waited 3 weeks and it's  BS, and make um change your tire.
At some points during the summer we are 8 weeks behind, so 3 weeks isn't much. It still never hurts to bitch....squeaky wheel most definitely gets the grease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
athflying79 said:
At some points during the summer we are 8 weeks behind, so 3 weeks isn't much. It still never hurts to B****....squeaky wheel most definitely gets the grease.
i have called and complained almost everyother day!!! and it don't work...they keep telling me to give it a few days more.

athflying....as a service manager...the dealership received the check from my insurance company...if i don't spend all the money, i should be able to get a check back from the dealership for the left over money right? or do i have to spend it ALL there? cause i was told i had to spend it all there! i think thats total BS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
spuds said:
i have called and complained almost everyother day!!! and it don't work...they keep telling me to give it a few days more.

athflying....as a service manager...the dealership received the check from my insurance company...if i don't spend all the money, i should be able to get a check back from the dealership for the left over money right? or do i have to spend it ALL there? cause i was told i had to spend it all there! i think thats total BS.
I've dealt with alot of autobodies over insurance and expenses. Some smaller shops will give you cash "under the table" from insurance kick backs. Lets say they estimate the damages, and quote the damages to be $2500. They bill the insurance, and get the $2500. Then they do the job, they take the labor costs, but then bend this and that instead of replacing the entire part. SO they won't be using all of the $2500, they will then pass the savings on to you. If they are greedy, they will cut costs w/o letting you know and take the $2500.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the damages estimated out to $2180 i believe. the dealership said its $2680 with my $500 deductible. so i figured i would spend up to $1700 and let the rest pay for my deductible,(cause i don't have $500 laying around) i think Ive have spent about $1200 so far... if the dealership would write me a check back for the remaining $500 that would b awesome...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,333 Posts
spuds said:
i would if i could...the kicker is that i need a new rear tire.... the steel belting is showing..they have the new power for the rear...but they wont put it on till they have ALL the parts...do that once they start it, they can finish it!
wtf, my dealer ALWAYS has my SV rideable by the end of the day, rarely do I have to wait for parts, when I go in for service, my mechanic gives me a list of things he anticipates at the next service, I give list to parts department, thy make sure everything is in stock for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RandyO said:
wtf, my dealer ALWAYS has my SV rideable by the end of the day, rarely do I have to wait for parts, when I go in for service, my mechanic gives me a list of things he anticipates at the next service, I give list to parts department, thy make sure everything is in stock for me.
where u live? cause i will drive there for my next service!!! haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Re: im so mad right now!!!

spuds said:
i have the tools...I'm a mechanic. i just have absolutely no clue about carbs...didn't want to screw anything up with he re jet and the new holeshot I'm getting. i dumped my bike a month and a half ago...insurance gave the check to the dealership.... i took my bike to the dealership for the estimate...it has been there ever since...
I've been a mechanic who also happened to do the damage estimates (gathering part #'s & costs). My guess if you took your bike in, the dealer gathered the info for the insurance company, it went back and forth between the insurance agent and the dealer haggling (depends on insurance agent) over what was actually pre-existing (if anything) and what was damaged in the crash, costs, and "red tape" caused by either sides workload. A claim was reached, parts were ordered, some are probably backordered, and you wait...wait...wait. It sucks, but it wasn't uncommon, for what I remember (it's been 12+ years) for bikes to sit two weeks before parts start getting replaced.

If the bike is rideable maybe you could sign a waiver taking the bike and bring it back when the rest of your parts arrive?

-Fin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
Sorry to hear that your bike is down for sooo long! Sucks man! Too bad you don't live in sunny California were the riding season is 365!!! ;D
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top