Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Tell them to change the date for the wedding...after all it's the 2nd annual SV Rally...it's damn near a national holiday! They wouldn't get married on X-mas, would they? But then who am I to talk...I'm not going either...

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
haseltonk said:
Tell them to change the date for the wedding...after all it's the 2nd annual SV Rally...it's damn near a national holiday!  They wouldn't get married on X-mas, would they?  But then who am I to talk...I'm not going either...
3rd Annual. ;D

Dave, this is one of those crossroads of marriage. You gotta make your stand, right here and now. YOU WILL be going to the Rally, and you'll make it to Phoenix as soon as you can after that. It's the Alamo, Gettysburg, and Bunker Hill all wrapped into one. Remeber, a little suffering now is going to reap rewards in the future. You can do it Man, be strong.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Ivan said:
Ever noticed that when a woman cries, and it doesn't work on you, they then get a crafty look?
You, Sir, sound like you have been on the wrong end of said crafty look more than once...

Dave, do not, I repeat not, attempt to use logic in this situation. Estrogen and logic are mutually exclusive. Appeal to the emotional side. Have a fit, throw a tantrum, keep fresh peeled onions in your shirt pocket to produce tears. Just find a way to make it to the rally

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Dave, don't you have a good tow vehicle, like a 4Runner? Do you trust Wendy enough to drive down with an empty trailer?

I say, ride down on Thursday. Wendy drives down on Friday night or Saturday morning (with trailer) to spend a couple days at Fontana. Leave the trailer (and your bike) with WillyT, and fly to Phoenix out of Knoxville or Charlotte, maybe even Atlanta. Then, take the red-eye home Saturday night, and drive home, stopping to pick up the trailer on the way (and getting a quick couple trips through the dragon :D ).

You could also have Wendy bring the trailer down, go back home on Monday or Tuesday, and fly out then. Or just come to the rally Friday night / Saturday morning and stay till Tuesday. You'll still have three days in Phoenix before the wedding to hang out with friends/relatives.

There's plenty of options, actually. ;)

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The guy getting married is more my friend than hers, and we're 2 of the very few of his friends invited.

I cant skip the wedding.

My only option might be to run down friday, spend Fri eve & Sat, and drive back Sunday, then leave out for Pheonix on Mon or Tues.
Since there isnt an airport near Fontana, I probably couldnt do the drive to NC, fly to PHX, fly back to NC & drive home.

Maybe I could camp & make the trip really cheap. . . .

Gahh. This sucks.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
oh and weddings are dumb anyways.. send em a card and some flowers :p

·
Registered
571 Posts
if you really wanted to look into the flying part you could drive the 1 1/2 hours to knoxville and leave from there. or you could go east and leave out of charlotte.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Heck, Alcoa, which is right next to Maryville, has a decent airport. The emperor has no clothes!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
get the groom drunk and in a compromising position with a stripper, take pics make sure the soon to be wife is there, whatever, BAM, wedding off, you can go to the rally ;D
or photoshop the groom into a pic with aaron and his thong!! that'll do the trick and save money that you have otherwise spent on the stripper

1 - 20 of 20 Posts