Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Cubans dont eat spicy food which really confuses me! My wife is also 100% Mexican (she is adopted) and doesnt like spicy food either. Never thought the ****** would be the only one that liked spicy food in the family!
Nobody in the Spanish Caribbean islands eats spicy food, even in Spain spicy food is a rare thing (minus some dishes from some provinces).

Now rice and beans, sweet plantains, with a nice juicy steak with sweet onions/cilantro on top and Yuca will perk up any Cuban, Dominican, or Puerto Rican (or anyone).

I personally can't do spicy, but I just got back from Mexico City, and I couldn't say no to it, especially drinking a cerveza with a tequila shot on the side :)

I was suprised, EVERYONE on a motorcycle was ATGATT, super nice motorcycles there, fully cosmopolitan city.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Nobody in the Spanish Caribbean islands eats spicy food, even in Spain spicy food is a rare thing (minus some dishes from some provinces).

Now rice and beans, sweet plantains, with a nice juicy steak with sweet onions/cilantro on top and Yuca will perk up any Cuban, Dominican, or Puerto Rican (or anyone).

I personally can't do spicy, but I just got back from Mexico City, and I couldn't say no to it, especially drinking a cerveza with a tequila shot on the side :)

I was suprised, EVERYONE on a motorcycle was ATGATT, super nice motorcycles there, fully cosmopolitan city.
Yea I didnt realize that before joining this family. I do enjoy all the cuban dishes though. My MIL makes the best black beans and rice! Her Ropa Vieja is pretty darn good too. No need for spice in those dishes.

As far as the motorcycle gear goes, Dominican Republic scared me. They had infants strapped to bikes or riding in laps with no gear for anyone and insane drivers that do not obey traffic signals or signs.

·
very big dumb
9,210 Posts
life is valued differently in other parts of the world. when your options are to eat or buy gear, guess which one people go with
it also doesn't help that it's a billion degrees almost year round

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Yea I didnt realize that before joining this family. I do enjoy all the cuban dishes though. My MIL makes the best black beans and rice! Her Ropa Vieja is pretty darn good too. No need for spice in those dishes.

As far as the motorcycle gear goes, Dominican Republic scared me. They had infants strapped to bikes or riding in laps with no gear for anyone and insane drivers that do not obey traffic signals or signs.
Love Ropa Vieja :eek:ccasion14:

That's my beautiful island. You have to remember, for low income people with no other means of transportation, they have to get around somehow. Cheap 2 stroke bikes and old 60-70s Honda Cubs do the job. At least the good thing is that those bikes don't go past 30-40mph, but some modify them to fly, but yeah, everytime I visit im like :-X They grow up on bikes, so the dangers and awareness are different when you're around that environment (like some asian countries). I won't disagree about the driving, but it depends where you're at.

They're finally cracking down on the usage of helmets now, I am definitely happy to hear that.

·
Administrator
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So not everyone south the border is Mexican and not everyone eats tacos!?

...who would've thought? :eek:

Sent from under your bed

·
Greetings Program
6,274 Posts
Every time I see this thread, a song comes into my head. Child of the seventies...

Damn you Ofir!

·
Greetings Program
6,274 Posts
All this talk of tacos has made me hungry.... I know what I'm having for dinner now!
Taco Tuesday at Sancho's Tacos, man... Gotta come out West for the best!

41 - 60 of 63 Posts