Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got utterly annihilated at a stop light today :( Was riding 2-up with my lady; and thank the appropriate deity that she's fine. It was a VERY long light and we were sitting for quite some time (with the rear-ender behind me the whole time) and when it turned green we got steamrolled.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still has air in that tire :) Ride off into the sunset! Haha.

Good you and the girl are okay- at least you got the winter to fix it up :)
I should have took a pic of near the ground of the rim on the right side; utterly destroyed; only had maybe about 75% of the lip of the rim left

·
Administrator
11,020 Posts
That sucks, man. Glad you guys made it ok.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Wow. People are stupid. That takes some real talent to rear end the guy in front of you when the light turns green. <shakes head>

At least you and your lady are okay.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So the guy behind you is stopped, he can obviously see you in front of him. Light turns green and he slams into you? Do you have access to some kind of cloaking device or something? I guess I don't understand how that happens unless they went into diabetic shock. Usually the bike in front of you needs to move before you can go. I know, it's crazy talk, but that's how I was taught to drive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad you guys are okay, sucks that it happened.

You probably already know this, but please do be careful what you post about relating to the accident.
(I.e Public Forum)

Don't want to give the wrong person any ammo to use against you. ;-)

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
So the guy behind you is stopped, he can obviously see you in front of him. Light turns green and he slams into you? Do you have access to some kind of cloaking device or something? I guess I don't understand how that happens unless they went into diabetic shock. Usually the bike in front of you needs to move before you can go. I know, it's crazy talk, but that's how I was taught to drive.
That's what I was thinking too. How stupid do you have to be to rear end someone in that situation?

Glad you and your passenger are alright OP. Did the dumbass behind the wheel give any sort of explanation? Like, "I didn't see you"?

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Have you contacted a total shark of a blood sucking attorney yet? You have a moral obligation to society to sue the driver for as much as possible. If they were on a cell phone sue the other party to the conversation.

It being a simple accident is so implausible that it being a case of an impaired/distracted driver seems likely. Even it being a willful act seems more likely than the driver not seeing you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have you contacted a total shark of a blood sucking attorney yet? You have a moral obligation to society to sue the driver for as much as possible. If they were on a cell phone sue the other party to the conversation.

It being a simple accident is so implausible that it being a case of an impaired/distracted driver seems likely. Even it being a willful act seems more likely than the driver not seeing you.
+1

Glad everyone is ok but get fullly checked out. You may feel fine but discs can herniate and compress very easily and lead to asciatic nerve problems (ask me how I know). Going to need an mri for that btw.

Sad to see another first gen go, hopefully it can be saved.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If they were on a cell phone sue the other party to the conversation.

best idea yet
you can joke all you want but I wouldn't be surprised if that one was coming next. After all, today, if you get in trouble driving drunk, they go after whoever offered you a drink. WE a turning into such zombie society ...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Glad to hear you guys made it through unharmed. How the hell does somebody do that? He/she's had nothing to look at but you and the light the whole time he/she was stopped, WTF.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts