Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but I'm not feeling the rear signals mounted like that. Otherwise nice work.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Dude your bike looks amazing! I LOVE the pipe now that's a true high mount!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
turned out pretty sharp!!

i'd wrap the pipe down another 6" or so, it'll save the heel of your shoe/boot...

don't ask me how i know!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...didn't you have another thread started for this?
Didn't think it would upset anyone?

Thanks for all the compliments. :)

I mounted the gauges offset because I thought it looked a little better.

I modified stock 1st gen headlight brackets to move the light closer to the forks. I also used some hose clamps I bought off ebay to mount them up.

I made an adapter harness for the vrod light to the stock "S" harness connector, I didn't have any female ends for the turn signals so I just twisted them together for now. It is a Vrod headlight. :)

I don't know what I am going to do about the rear signals but I had to have something for now. (I just installed the exhaust yesterday.) I probably need to wrap the pipe better because I have way too big feet. I wore my not as nice boots today in case I found out they would burn.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for the rear turn signals, integrated turn signals??

I love the rest of the bike.
Yeah, I don't know yet. I've been thinking about just trying to find a low or race mount pipe instead.

Anyone want to trade their low or race mount M4 or leo for my high mount? :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yeah, I don't know yet. I've been thinking about just trying to find a low or race mount pipe instead.

Anyone want to trade their low or race mount M4 or leo for my high mount? :)
Dude the exhaust is sick! Throw some kind of other signals or fab something up but keep that pipe!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I love the front rotors. What are they?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you fabricate the mounts for the insturment cluster or is that something I can buy? If you did make what did you use and how. I am trying to do the same conversion from S to N

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you fabricate the mounts for the insturment cluster or is that something I can buy? If you did make what did you use and how. I am trying to do the same conversion from S to N
I had to make the mounts out of aluminum stock. I still need to pull them off and clean up the edges on the grinder and paint them but I kind of wanted to ride.

The GSXR triple has no areas for mounting the gauges so I used the left top clamp bolt and the left ignition switch mounting bolt as mounting points.

Aztek8 sells a bracket to mount the stock gauges but I don't think you can use it with the stock gauge cover.

·
Registered
253 Posts
what a hell of a fine looking machine!
pride your ride, man!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what a hell of a fine looking machine!
pride your ride, man!
Thank you!

I installed a stock GSXR damper under the headlight yesterday. I also have a ohlins gsxr stock replacement style damper I might install, but I think the stock gsxr one should be fine for me putting around town.

Also I went on a roadtrip and drove about 350 miles roundtrip to pick up another bike.

Just got home, I left this morning (it's around 10:30pm).. i'm tired, but I think it was worth it.

It needs a bunch of little things fixed and a thorough cleaning but it should keep me busy for a little while. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
^^^ Hey I just sold mine... Great looking SV... BTW, I have a racetech shock for the DRZ that I didn't sell with the bike. It's for a 230-250 Lb guy... Let me know if you might be interested...

Chet

1 - 20 of 24 Posts