Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the front end of my bike put back together after a N->S converstion and reinstalled everything as it was, and connected all the remaining wires on the harness. When I turned the key, nothing happened; no power, like something is still not hooked up.

In addition, the key turns 3/4 of a revolution, and no longer clicks when it's turned to "on", "off", and the parking lock no longer functions.

All I've done is switch the upper clamp out from the standard to the S model clamp. I've also removed the lights, but the remaining accessories are still there. Is there some security feature on the ignition switch that I don't know about that is preventing it from working properly?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried flipping it around, but it almost acts like the tumbler is broken/disabled.

Am I safe to assume there is no difference between the upper clamps that would cause something in the ignition switch to be disabled?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I finally got around to checking out the ignition barrel today, and it appears the tumbler is fine. What isn't fine is the part the tumbler connects to in the bottom of the switch that actually activates the ignition switch. It turns freely and doesn't engage anything at all.

I can't figure out how to get the bottom of the switch off. There's no nuts, and only the end of some screws sticking out. Anyone know how to get the bottom off?

Is it worth picking this thing apart or should I just buy a new iginition switch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts