Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey List,

I've got a 2005 SV650S (yellow) with 800 miles on it now. I have been reading about the ignition retard modification (for 2nd and 3rd Gear) some have done. From what I can gleen it seems this is a Canadian and European issue with the SV? Do the American bikes have the same retard mechanism in place? Do I even need to make this mod?

Thanks for any input.

Phill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Universal. You don't need to make it, but you will like it. Get past your break-in period at least though. No need to get too rev-happy yet ;D

You might want to hold off for another reason. Since your bike is so new it would be better if you didn't go cutting wires and stuff; it would void your warranty.

I'm trying to find a distributor for the stock connectors (AMP / Tyco econoseal). If / when I do I will post the info so that we can all make TRE mods that can just plug between the connectors on the bike without any modification. So far no luck, but I've only been looking a week. Or you can just buy one but they're not cheap.

·
Registered
899 Posts
+1 US bikes have the same retard! A good mod! Must do when you are ready. Check out the millions (slight exageration) of threads on this topic under TRE.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While your'e thinking of these things, you might as well first adjust your TPS down to just off idle . You need a #25 security Torx driver bit, but other than its cake. And your dealer will never know...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info here guys. I think I will make this mod at the risk of the warranty.. don't think i will need the warranty.. it's been a great bike so far.

Phill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts