Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering, is there any (easy?) way to alter or tune the ignition map(s)? i've seen a product out there to advance the ignition 4 degrees, but that does that via the crank sensor from what i can tell.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The staggered advance key is simple and fool-proof...and works every time. You can also slot the pickup and get 3-3.5 degrees from what I've read. This also is guaranteed to work. The Advance Module for the PC's has mixed reviews with some claiming it doesn't work as advertized. Regardless, the curve isn't changed with either, so if you want a little advance the physical methods seem the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
he Advance Module for the PC's has mixed reviews. Regardless, the curve isn't changed with either,
Are you talking about the PCIII USB Ignition module? The dynojet screenshots I've seen show adjustments available at 9 different throttle positions and at every 1000rpm or so from idle to redline. If each cell can be modified from -10 to +10, there are almost an infinite number of combinations. It should be easy to make numerous timing curves that looks nothing like the OEM.

I have never used one and have no need to so take it for what it's worth. Just wondering why the descrepency.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Are you talking about the PCIII USB Ignition module? The dynojet screenshots I've seen show adjustments available at 9 different throttle positions and at every 1000rpm or so from idle to redline. If each cell can be modified from -10 to +10, there are almost an infinite number of combinations. It should be easy to make numerous timing curves that looks nothing like the OEM.

I have never used one and have no need to so take it for what it's worth. Just wondering why the descrepency.
Yes, they say they can adjust 10 degrees +/-, but the Factory Pro fellows claim they don't work quite that well. A few degrees at most says them. But...take that with a grain of salt, there might be some professional bone to pick between them so that would be hearsay.

I wish the mysteries of the ECU would be opened for us to see...and play with!:) The engines run pretty well as is, so I'd think the advance curves are pretty well matched to the engines....although the 1K does seem to like more lead down low and in the midrange. Can't say about the 650's though.

Want to see some ignition maps? This link has GSXR's, but it'll give you some idea of what the different maps for the different gears look like. http://www.gixxer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-231456.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts