Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, this is a desperate attempt to get the Wisconsin guys on this board to get together, so please don't move this to the local forums.

If you're from Wisconsin or northern Illinois, introduce yourself in this thread.

My name is Adam and I ride an '03 SV. I'm a physics major @ UW-Whitewater and I live in downtown Whitewater as well.

Anyways, enough of that. I regularly post at www.madisonsportbikes.com . It's a great site with many sponsors that help to get cheap gear and tracktime. We regularly go on group rides as well.

I've called out a group ride that I hope many of the members from SVRider will be able to join. If you haven't rode in western Wisconsin, I suggest you come along. We have some of the best twisties in the midwest. The only thing better that I know of is the Ozarks in Arkansas.

When: July 17th
Meeting Window: 8:45 - 9:15 AM
Where: Marathon Gas Station in Waunakee
Where to: Westward - to be arranged.
How Long: All-Day, peel off whenever you want.

It's a bit early to call out this ride, but I'm leaving on Friday for some desolate mountains in southern Arizona to do some research for NASA at Kitt Peak Observatory.

Anyways, I'd like to head west of Madison leaving from Waunakee. I haven't been west at all this year, so if someone would like to volunteer their navigational knowledge and lead, I'd be much obliged. If need be, I can lead though.

I'm gonna do my best to make it an all day ride, but because I'll be tired (gotta work the telescopes at night and sleep during the day).

I'd like to get to Lone Rock and tackle the stuff around there. I've not been west of Lone Rock before, so if someone would care to give me a tour of the soup, that'd be awesome.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I'm from northern IL, never been to western Wi before.
I'll see what my schedule is and if I can make it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Adam, I'd love to go. I have to be back at work at 10pm Sunday night and I'm not as young as I used to be so I need a nap beforehand, which means heading home right after lunch. I'd also prefer an earlier start time. Another ride that would be fun is the Nickolett National forest, an hour NW of Green Bay. There are tons of paved fire roads and not a single one is straight, I have plans to go up there this weekend.

·
Registered
551 Posts
new berlin wi here. id really like to go...i will have to check and see tho also.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just joined and new to the group. Bought a 99 SV650 for the wife last week. Waiting for some lowering links so she can ride comfortably. Can't make the 17th since we'll be out of town but maybe next time. Forgot to add that we are in Antioch, IL

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey guys, im Jason and drive a 2001 SV650. Hopefully I will be able to take part a bit of the ride on that sunday but Im also not sure if i can do the all day event. It would be great to ride with you all. Ill have to confirm all this im a week or so. 8)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was born in La Crosse many years ago and would love to get together and ride with y'all. Living here in Florida makes that just about impossible though.
Cheers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ah... the yearly attempt of the Illinoisans and Wisconsinites to band together and overcome the homoerotic lovefest of the Michi-Ohio riders.

Thanks for the heads-up Avid. A buddy of mine and I have been thinking over a ride out to SW Wisconsin for some time now. Maybe this will be the motivation we need to get going.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Adam,

What year are you with your physics degree? I'm not from Wisconsin but I have family in Milwaukee, & Greenbay. Nice state, great cheese, and fishing is awesome. *smile*

Grav.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sounds cool. I wish all the chicago/wi guys would post in the central forum more. be nice to meet everyone.

·
Registered
236 Posts
im from chicago.....does that count?

any one want a full front fairing from a silver 02? gauges, headlights, turns, mirrors, stays all included.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am from Wittenberg Wi. About 60 miles straight west of Green Bay. Some awesome roads up here in the local Indian Reservation.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I won't be able to make it on Sunday, it's just too far to ride when I have to be back at work the same day.

With the forcast this weekend in the 90's I will be heading up to Door County on Saturday, anyone interested is welcome to ride along.

It might be a good idea to move this thread to the midwest forum since this is the second time it's been bumped from page 4.

·
Registered
231 Posts
GraVitY said:
Adam,

What year are you with your physics degree? I'm not from Wisconsin but I have family in Milwaukee, & Greenbay. Nice state, great cheese, and fishing is awesome. *smile*

Grav.
You forgot to mention the great pro football team. :lol:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This ride is still on. I may change the route, that's still to be determined.

If a better time of day would work for you, let me know. I'll do my best to switch up the schedule to accomdate everyone.

·
Registered
551 Posts
avid...man...im sorry... not gonna be able to make it... got something really important i gotta do. sorry man sounded like fun. next time something like this is happening...let me know!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts