Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

81 - 100 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
My short list if I was replacing is probably Speed R, Ninja 1000, and R1200R. Bur I really want to keep the SV and add a sport tourer.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Like every single Italian bike that's not a Ducati... a ridiculously under-appreciated motorcycle. Good luck finding one, though.
There's a motorcycle parts dealer near me called Cycle Therapy. The owner rides a Futura.

I have already made him commit to me that I am the next owner (he says he's not selling)...and spent two hours trying to convince him to go buy the new VFR1200...

My masterplan has unfolded.

They do show up here and there, usually in the copper color. They have a number of "quirks" that are known and easily taken care of.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
What was that about good luck finding one? Lol, there is one Griso on ALL of CL in the last month: http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/mcy/2334258466.html

But IL is pretty close for everyone, right? http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2011-MOTO-GUZZI-Griso-8V-SE--98202954
It's WORSE than that. Moto Guzzi is only making 500 of the SE. However, the dealer where I bought my Norge just got one in. It is even more gorgeous in person. It's also $14,290. :dizzy:

http://www.europeanmotorsportsinc.com/pages/current-inventory.php

Funny, but when I was there last week, the dealer quoted me a price about a thousand dollars less. I told him he was pricing the bike too low.:facepalm:

·
Registered
341 Posts
The S1000RR is a ****in beast, but Ive sat on one and I dont think I could last more than a half hour on it, most uncomfortable bike EVAR, next to the 1198.

If my SV were to blow up, I would look for a low mile ***** crashed SV to rebuild.

I should just keep searching craigslist for "Dropped SV on the way home from dealer, must go now"

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
i would like to think i would go for another SV, a cheap crashed one to fix up and turn into a SVotM.

or a triumph street triple. or maybe a husky supermoto.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Twins-
Unrealistic, add another vote for the RC8. Got to demo one recently, WAAAY powerful!
Realistic, RC51

I4-
Unrealistic S1000R
Realistic later model ZX10 or CBR1000RR

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hmmm, so many, SO many...

1) Hawk GT - What I had before the SV. I'd love to pick up another one and mod the wizz out of it

2) BMW F800r

3) Yami FZ8

4) Pretty much ANY Ducati except the ST

5) Harley 48 or Nightster

6) '07 or '08 CBR 600rr

Geezus, I could go on all day. It'd be hella fun shopping to pick one out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Depending on the funds available..

1. Ducati Monster S2R800
2. Triumph Street Triple
3. SV650N to build up myself.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Been thinking about this more than I should be lately (Heck I don't even have all my mods together yet...) but...
Most unlikley but would be most exciting...
RSV4 (there is a demo ride here at my local Aprilia dealer that I've taken out and I could get that bike for around 13ish maybe less)

Next most unlikely... would be a Ducati 848... and yes, I have a thing for white bikes...

These next two would be a toss up but I'd probably go after an RC-51 but the TL1000S is pretty hot as well... just have to see which I could afford and see if I could really handle the ergo's of the RC-51.

Hayden custom RC-51 (for sale in my area for 5300... pretty sweet bike...)
front end pic

a different RC51

TL1000S

It's nice to dream... and almost all of my dreams are V-twins or V-fours... I'd even like to take a ride on a VFR8 or 12 to see if that did it for me. I do love a single sided swing arm...

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'd like an FZ6. Honestly, it's the bike I wanted most when I was looking to replace my starter bike. Sadly, they seem pretty hard to find. Couldn't find any that met my criteria for age, miles, price, and distance I'd have to go to get it.

Wound up 'settling' for my current SV. $3500 for an 08 SF with 11k miles was hard to pass up. Also came with an airhorn which surprised me the first time I used the horn.

81 - 100 of 210 Posts