Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
ShaggyZ said:
Not in the contemporary sense. Bling was hardcore back in the day. It's been metrosexualized
Agreed. But even when he wears it today, it ain' t bling. He's Mr T.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
toddpnewton said:
Agreed. But even when he wears it today, it ain' t bling. He's Mr T.
This idea reminds me of MTV. It evolved into garbage and they had to start a new channel, MTV2, to get back to its roots... MUSIC. Mr. T can no longer be called BLING because people just think of the garbage today. Reminds me a bit of the split of the catholic church into the Catholic and the Protestant churhces ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
ShaggyZ said:
This idea reminds me of MTV. It evolved into garbage and they had to start a new channel, MTV2, to get back to its roots... MUSIC.  Mr. T can no longer be called BLING because people just think of the garbage today. Reminds me a bit of the split of the catholic church into the Catholic and the Protestant churhces ;)
So, what your saying is, the church had to split so people wouldn't mistakenly associate Jesus' old school ecumenical stylings as equivalent to contemporary 'bling'?

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
toddpnewton said:
So, what your saying is, the church had to split so people wouldn't mistakenly associate Jesus' old school ecumenical stylings as equivalent to contemporary 'bling'?
not quite

G

·
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
ShaggyZ said:
not quite
Yo, why do people dress to the nines to go to church then? SHouldn' t we go old school, in robes and barefeet?

OG baby. Original Galilean.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
toddpnewton said:
Yo, why do people dress to the nines to go to church then? SHouldn' t we go old school, in robes and barefeet?

OG baby. Original Galilean.
Lots of contemporary churchgoers don't. They've gone very casual. I go in jeans and a T-shirt now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
ShaggyZ said:
Lots of contemporary churchgoers don't. They've gone very casual. I go in jeans and a T-shirt now.
Heathen. Ratzinger is going to call down a smiting for y'all.

Now the Catholic Church: that's bling. The pope definitely has some jewelry. He should get a grill. Maybe with 'P-O-P-E' in diamonds.

Then the next pope has to outdo that one, and so on - building golden pyramids in their mouths - until they have to bring back selling indulgences to pay for all the gold in their face. Wee. Vatican III - Da Playa's Club .

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yo!, people call me a squid when im rollin wearin nothin but my flip- flops and cut offs and blue-blockers, but I dont care cuz my ride is blingin and they are all just jealous. Peace out. ;D

·
Registered
397 Posts
The day someone describes my SV-R with the adjectives BLING or PIMP, or any variations therupon, I will set it on fire and buy a rat bike.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
TestaStretta said:
The day someone describes my SV-R with the adjectives BLING or PIMP, or any variations therupon, I will set it on fire and buy a rat bike.
Dude, you bike be PIMP!

And you thought the rack was bad, how about a flaming rack?  ;D

·
Registered
397 Posts
orangegilly said:
Dude, you bike be PIMP!

And you thought the rack was bad, how about a flaming rack?  ;D
Got any marshmallows?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts