Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

sorry- just the most annoying thing to hear from other people about other's choices. I almost want to hear the word squid be overused again.

BLING BLIng- BLING BLING BLING BLINGBBLINGLING.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bling???

Sorry to sound like a total ASS but what the hell is bling bling

Never heard of it before except on this board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with Ruefus...it's a quick way to express your opinion...and you can give your opinion any time someone asks for it.

Q

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think squid and bling are two different things, though

Squid is a term for a jackass on a motorcycle

Saying Bling Bling is a good way to make fun of those who use it, and mean it. At least, that's how I use it. I'm always making fun of the people who actually use that phrase as a regular part of their conversation.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see it as, a squid would be wearing a wife beater tank and sneakers doing a wheelie down the highway...meanwhile, he can't \"really\" ride well. (technically speaking)

Bling bling, would be someone who has a car with spoke rims and hydraulics.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bling bling comes from the Rap music scene where it basically means shiny jewelry. Also think about back in the day on TV in a sitcom or cartoon they would show a diamond sparkling and then they would add the sound effect that sounds like \"bling\".

Now that the general population has got a hold of it and it's used for anything shiny and showy. A good example would be a chromed out Busa with extended chromed swingarm with one of the front rotors removed so that it doesn't block the view of the shiny rims. But also many people use it and do not know what it means so just like \"squid\", it's meaning changes from time to time.

AND YES, IF HEAR IT ONE MORE TIME......
:D

·
Registered
830 Posts
squid is more anoying... probably because i've been known to act/dress like one from time to time... but i don't have enough money to be Bling Bling, so that doesn't bother me so much.

although i do have dubsand a playstation in my ride and it is lorenzo kitted.
-ludacirs

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
Each phrase is useful in describing completely different phenomena, so why object to either? Sure, it gets anoying to hear something completely overused, but when someone posts asking for an opinion about putting neon lights, and chrome salad chopper wheels on their SV, I'd rather just read \"bling\" than \"you are a tasteless moron who values style over substance\".

Bill

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok- thats worse

dont even get me started on the flashing cell phones. I'm still in college, so i have to see them every day. I threw my girlfriend's phone in the pool last week because she was carrying it around and it was flashing every few seconds.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn - another bling bomb went off!

Check the results HERE on E-Bay.

So sad :lol:

Dan

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just thought of the perfect word to describe it - PIMP-A-LICIOUS

Dan

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your bling-bling ex-wife...

wow. there's really nothing but love on this board. nothing but love.

can you smell the love?

and yeah... i've been involved with a couple of bling-bos myself...

*grin*

jaeger...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts