Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On stock exhaust, carb mixture screws 2½turns out idle rpms at 3k. How can I affect on idle rpms? By turning mixture screws?

I fitted LeoVince hi-pipe for my '99 SVS. Sounds and goes great but I wonder does it need rejetting? Now there are stock jets on carbs. And still idle rpms are ~3k : /

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Lunkku said:
On stock exhaust, carb mixture screws 2½turns out idle rpms at 3k. How can I affect on idle rpms? By turning mixture screws?

I fitted LeoVince hi-pipe for my '99 SVS. Sounds and goes great but I wonder does it need rejetting? Now there are stock jets on carbs. And still idle rpms are ~3k : /
On the left side of the bike, in between the frame tubes is a black knob. Turn that CCW to lower your idle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
works on my bike.....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Lunkku said:
Doesnt effect at all
try again...that is how you change the idle speed. 3000 is way to high. you might have a different problem then. make sure your throttle cables are adjusted properly and that they are returning all the way. usually if you have a "hanging idle" problem it can be a vaccuum leak. but the idle will usually fall back to normal though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a leovince and have had no idle probs.
all i did was cut off the old and insatlled the new.
i find the bike to be more responseve and better on pic up but idlew is fine. it does warm up faster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts