Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Idle RPM question.

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Spierings 
#1 ·
Does anybody know the factory idle speed for an 06' sv650? Ambient temp about 67 degrees F, bike at operating temp.

#6 ·
First off, there is nothing wrong with bumping an old thread. In fact, it is probably preferred.

Yes, you should increase your idle to spec. If for no other reason than it takes literally 10 seconds. There is a phillips screw on the left side of the bike near the frame. Just turn in a bit until the idle is correct.

#7 ·
Don't forget to blip the throttle between adjustments. Also, you should consider doing the TPS mod + aTRE mod. I have an 06 and it makes the bike a lot more responsive.

#8 ·
haha. I come from a car forum and they give us **** for bumping old threads, but we also get **** if we don't search before posting. Can't win.

The aTRE sounds really nice to have, I wasn't even aware of it.

Thanks for the heads up..

#9 ·
If you're going to go that route, 92westshady sells them (I bought mine from him).

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=95450

Nice guy, fast shipping, great product. I've had mine for over a month and it definately makes the bike more responsive.

#10 ·
i would adjust it to the proper spec. having a low idle like that increases the chance of the bike not revving up properly when you twist the throttle. i know that on a cold start mine will run about 3000 for 15 seconds or so and then idle back down. what does yours idle at on cold start?

#11 ·
2500 rpm then drops down to 1k.

I adjusted it this morning and had it around 1400, later as I was driving it was idling at 1550 range. So I'll lower it next time I go out.

jiari, I saw 92westshady's stuff! It looks good, but since I'm the second owner, I need to open her up tonight and verify that I don't already have it. I assume I don't, but better to check now then be sorry in a week :)

#14 · (Edited)
My sticker says 1400...i adjusted it after riding it for a while so I knew it was at regular operating temperature....when i start it up, it goes to 2000 for a few seconds, then drops down to about 1200 till it get up to about 90 degrees...then its at 1400. I've been researching TPS adjustments and everyone keeps saying to set idle at 1200 which is kinda low in my opinion. Been kinda wondering what my tps setting should be with my rpm settings...1650?

#15 ·
My sticker says 1400...i adjusted it after riding it for a while so I knew it was at regular operating temperature....when i start it up, it goes to 2500 for a few seconds, then drops down to about 1200 till it get up to about 120 degrees...then its at 1400. I've been researching TPS adjustments and everyone keeps saying to set idle at 1200 which is kinda low in my opinion. Been kinda wondering what my tps setting should be with my rpm settings...1650?
Set the TPS a little higher (100 rpm) as your idle and you are good to go ;).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.