Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike fell over and this my TCP Aerodynamics windscreen got scraped pretty bad.
So far, I have found a new one that I can import from Holland for Euro 229 shipped (which is about $315 US - ouch!).
Colorrite wants $81.95 for a 1/2 pint of base + $81.95 for a 1/2 pint of topcoat = $164.00 + shipping + labor (assuming someone can get it right) - ouch again!

- Can the paint be had for less money?
- Does anyone know someone who can actually paint it and get it right? I'd ship it.
- Can the windscreen be had for less money? If so, where?
- Does anyone have any other ideas how to doctor this?
- Should I give up on this windscreen that I love and just do something else altogether?

I was toying with the idea of some hand-painted pinstriping of some sort that would cover the blemish - maybe just a black line going down the side and up the angle... start at the front with a thin line and get fatter to cover the blemish -- get thinner back up the angle to another point. Not sure if that would look good when it's done. Not sure if that's even understandable to you all without a drawing.

Any ideas would be appreciated... Here's a picture. It's uglier than the picture would lead you to believe...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
- Can the paint be had for less money?
Wish I could tell you.

- Does anyone know someone who can actually paint it and get it right? I'd ship it.
I don't know anyone. And tried to get the 04 YU9 color matched from a highly recommended shop in my area and they couldn't get it right.

- Can the windscreen be had for less money? If so, where?
Not really. $280 + shipping is what I paid when I had mine replaced.
Here is the OEM Suzuki part# 99950-70455

- Does anyone have any other ideas how to doctor this? Different color. I would go gloss black. Maybe just a 2 tone type of thing. Or if it doesn't look right paint the whole thing.

- Should I give up on this windscreen that I love and just do something else altogether?I felt you pain! And decide to get a new one but I had insurance paying for it with some other stuff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the OEM Suzuki part# 99950-70455
You da man!!! That's the question I should have asked! It's not a current Suzuki part number anymore because Suzuki stopped offering them a while back, but I googled it and found it (hopefully) in stock in a couple of places. Ordering one as we speak! Wish me luck. And it's still not real cheap, but it's $180 instead of $315 from Holland.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You da man!!! That's the question I should have asked! It's not a current Suzuki part number anymore because Suzuki stopped offering them a while back, but I googled it and found it (hopefully) in stock in a couple of places. Ordering one as we speak! Wish me luck. And it's still not real cheap, but it's $180 instead of $315 from Holland.

Thanks a bunch!
Maybe it was $180 instead of $280. IDK I can't remember much of anything.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What about that piece black? You could spray paint it yourself for under $20.... it would match your black windscreen.

You might not like this option at all, but it is a cheap solution.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get a $5 bottle of touch up paint and call it a day. Use the money you would use to get a new screen and upgrade!

Naaa... That's not an option. I'm too much of a type A personality to let a rash that obvious go with touch-up paint.

I may play with other options besides a new one but only if I'm going to like the bike even more when I'm done!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts