Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my best friends is once again motorcycle-less and I need to find a way to convince him to get an sv1000s. Quick backstory he had a zzr600 and loved the comfort of it but it was stolen. he got a cbr600 which he ditched due to comfort and a kawi zx10r which he ditched due to comfort. Hes constantly saying he wants a bike he can have a for a few years without being bored and thats affordable and comfortable but i'm having difficulty selling him on an sv1000s.

one of my workout buddies is selling an sv1000s which he has since changed to an aprilla. bike is an 06 only 17k miles virtually no damage (only one small spot of missing paint due to a robin) and he only wants 4k which is a steal.

the problem is my friend has his mind set on a 1987 ducati paso. I get he likes the concept of the paso but i feel like that bike is going to be a let down and that he'd be better off with the sv, especially since he's been on them and has admitted that he likes them. that being said (and sorry for the long post) ... but how do i convince him to see what i see?

·
Registered
391 Posts
You keep mentioning comfort. Just tell him the sv has all the power he needs and he can customize it for comfort. Clip ons, seats, rear sets, etc.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Trying to convince anyone to by a particular model of bike is a path to failure, resentment and loss of friendship. Trying to convince them to buy a particular bike is insanity.

If you're a friend, you may offer advice or a suggestion, but you are borrowing trouble with your current approach.

Good luck to both of you.

I suppose even posting on this thread is just borrowing your troubles myself. LOL

·
Registered
869 Posts
I've heard actually that the Paso is not a comfortable bike. The SV, on the other hand, can be made very easily to be quite comfortable. I have a feeling he's going to find it much easier to customize the SV to be comfy than the Paso. You can tell him that.

Offer him your honest advice. He's going to do what he wants to do in the end, so pointing out the pros/cons is the best you can do.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Rather than doing it with just words, find a SV1000 that he can test ride; showing him the aftermarket that it has can also help.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Trying to convince anyone to by a particular model of bike is a path to failure, resentment and loss of friendship. Trying to convince them to buy a particular bike is insanity.

If you're a friend, you may offer advice or a suggestion, but you are borrowing trouble with your current approach.

Good luck to both of you.

I suppose even posting on this thread is just borrowing your troubles myself. LOL
Totally agree, I'd suggest some different bikes but never try and convince them to get a particular one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts