Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****CLICK HERE FOR MORE PICTURES****

Alright, so after posting up some pictures of the newly completed bike and hearing everyone's input, looking at it closely, and riding it for two weeks I have decided on changing some things.

I would just like some input on the possible ideas I am tossing around.

1) Remove light between forks, get lower clip ons, lower front cowl, clean up wiring under the cowl somehow.

2) Remove entire from cowl and go with a single round, monster or vrod headlight. Again, do away with light between forks.

With #1, the belly pan will get mounted. With #2, belly pan will be sold.

My reasoning for #1 is that I don't like the fog/high beam between the forks and I don't like the gap between the fender and cowl. I barely drive at night anyway so I could simply aim one of the projectors up (or remove it's cutoff) to replace the high beam.

My reasoning for #2 is that I really don't NEED any of the look pretty front end components, which is why I am asking whether or not looks alone are reason enough to keep it. Really, this is the only thing that sets my bike apart from the rest though...

My reason for wanting to clean it up so much in general is that when I originally decided to buy a project bike, I had the image of a motorcycle that was nothing but motorcycle... Bare necessities with a hint of flare (streetfighter). All of the cowl swapping, retrofitting and extra electronics abandon that concept. Is the abandonment worth it considering what I gain in aesthetics and individuality?

I am also contemplating raising the rear some but that is another topic altogether.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Definitely #1. You bike looks great as-is, and would look even better with #1.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
What's with the pad on the trunk? You'd have to have the arms of an ape to rest your back on that while your hands were on the bars.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
What's with the pad on the trunk? You'd have to have the arms of an ape to rest your back on that while your hands were on the bars.
Well most bikes that box would be mounted on a rear rack and your passenger would lean back, not the rider, LOL. ;D

I say try #1 first.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I actually like the look of that lower light from the head-on pic. Maybe mount it at the bottom of the fairing instead of on the fork? But that fairing doesn't seem to flow into the rest of the bike very well...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
The only real way to do this would be to try any and all combinations of the parts you already have...how are you possibly going to know what you like best untill you try everything?!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would go with #2 As far as I'm concenrned, the 1g look best with a single round headlight.

Just my .02
The only problem there is that I am TOTALLY spoiled on the light output at night. I can't believe I have not posted output shots. Trust me, my friends monster doesn't even come close to the light output. I've ridden with a Monster 695, F4i and zx6r and my headlight literally washed out everyone elses, even when I was in back.

i would say try the first one first and if you still don't like it try the second one.
That is basically the conclusion I have come to.

I really only use it to help stabilize the bike and keep it going straight while I am texting. It allows me to use 2 hands while I text.

How much for the front fairing ? :twisted:
So I take it you have first dibs if I sell?

definitely go with #1. that headlight looks funky sitting right there beneath the headlights.
Definitely getting rid of that light. It will be up for sale soon enough.

I actually like the look of that lower light from the head-on pic. Maybe mount it at the bottom of the fairing instead of on the fork? But that fairing doesn't seem to flow into the rest of the bike very well...
Nah, I'm just going to get rid of it. Since you like it though, wanna buy it? Comes with brackets and such. $40 shipped.

The only real way to do this would be to try any and all combinations of the parts you already have...how are you possibly going to know what you like best untill you try everything?!
So much for the bike being "done" then huh? It is like a puzzle. Hopefully I will like it after I make the first round of changes, but if not, on with stripping it of everything.

I was even thinking of painting the stock round light black and lightly smoking the lens. I may even do the buell duel setup with buell fly screen if all else doesn't work out.

I have put too much time and work into the bike to settle for something I am not completely happy with.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
i really like the bike but i dont like the fairing so i would vote to make it naked

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think the front fairing is what makes the bike.. if you go completely naked maybe try the dual stacked projectors?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Please tell me you're joking?
:p

i really like the bike but i dont like the fairing so i would vote to make it naked
Naked is always good but I would like to end up with something I like that ISN'T a duplicate of everyone else's bike...

I think the front fairing is what makes the bike.. if you go completely naked maybe try the dual stacked projectors?
Never really liked the "rawness" of the stacked setups. If I did, I would have to have some sort of cowl.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts