Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thanks! Hopefully I have found a deal on a decent first track day suit.
It's been removed by the author...

When looking at Teknic suits, stay away from teh Chicane suits. They are complete junk and don't fair a crash at all. Mine was absolute trash after a 40 mph lowside. Several seams at the hip, thigh, shoulder, and forearm blew out and with no under layer, I was exposed to the elements. The Lightning suit is a considerably better then the Chicane. I think after the Lightning is the Violator, Xcelerator, and then the Speedstar.

My wife and I have 2001 model Lightning suits and they have done really well. She also has the 2010 Xcelerator suit which makes the Lightning look like a worthless rag. The Xcelerator is comparible to my Dainese suit for fit, comfort, and protection. I picked up her Xcelerator suit brand new for $495 shipped to my door when they were on closeout, and I think they retailed for something like $1200.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I snoozed and loozed on that CL add, but perhaps all for the better. Thanks for the info on the Teknic gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.